Despite being a relatively early-game Shrine, Tsutsu-Um Shrine in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom can be quite intimidating to beginners. The challenge, “The Stakes Guide You,” takes place in a spacious, single chamber. However, there are so many moving parts and interactable pieces in the room, making the puzzle quite overwhelming at a glance. But the puzzle solution for Tsutsu-Um Shrine is relatively easy as long as you take things one step at a time.
Tsutsu-Um Shrine Location in Tears of the Kingdom
If you know where the Outskirt Stable is, you should have no trouble finding Tsutsu-Um Shrine in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Tsutsu-Um Shrine is located southwest of Hyrule Field in the Central Hyrule region. It sits atop a small ridge directly west of the Coliseum Ruins and south of Manhalla Bridge.
How To Complete the Stakes Guide You Shrine in TotK
After you enter the Shrine and begin “The Stakes Guide You” in TotK, the first you should do is find the Treasure Chest. The chest sits atop a pillar on the left side of the chamber, which you can reach via the following steps:
- Use your Ultrahand ability to pick up the metal plate with a stake lying on the ground.
- Stand in front of the moving pillar and insert the sharp end of the stake when the column is at its lowest.
- Stand on the stake’s platform and use it as a lift to reach the upper level.
- Using the upward wind current nearby, glide to Treasure Chest and loot its contents of five Arrows.
The next puzzle in “The Stakes Guide You” Shrine in TotK is interacting with the giant spinning wheel in Tsutsu-Um Shrine. Use the wind current to reach the second floating platform in front of the wheel. You’ll notice an endless supply of balls rolling from a depository. Here’s what you need to do to achieve the Tsutsu-Um Shrine solution:
- Activating your Ultrahand, use one of the stakes on the wall as a peg to stop the ball. This will cause it to drop down to the seesaw-like rotating platform below.
- Descend to the platform below.
- Place a stake beneath the left side of the seesaw to have it curve down to the right.
- Once the ball rolls onto the metal rail, place it on the spinning wheel to push it into the hole.
- The pit will turn green, triggering the mechanism that opens the exit, allowing you to complete the Shrine and receive your Light of Blessing.
Another way to complete your Tsutsu-Um Shrine walkthrough in TotK is by simply holding the ball and placing it manually into the pit. When the ball rolls out, use your Ultrahand to grab it and put it directly onto the metal rail. This might take a few attempts if your timing is off.
Once the ball is on the rail, glide to the circle and put the ball into the hole. However, to head to the exit, you’ll need to use your Ascend ability to reach the platform above and glide across the gap. This video by ConCon will show you in detail how this alternative method works: