Do you want to know how to get Spinels in Resident Evil 4 Remake? Resident Evil 4 was released all the way back in 2005. It changed the entire survival-horror genre upon its release, adding numerous new staples that modern games use at launch.
Now, we witness the remake of the legendary game. Resident Evil 4 Remake brings familiar gameplay and a ton of new content for old and new players. One of the additions to the game is Spinels. This guide will show you how to get Spinels in Resident Evil 4 Remake and how to use them.
What are Spinels in the Resident Evil 4 Remake?
Spinels in Resident Evil 4 Remake is a new resource and can be used as a unique currency as it can be traded at the Merchant for special items, including:
- Treasure Maps
- Exclusive upgrade tickets
- Red9 Stock
- Velvet Blue
In the original Resident Evil 4, you could get Spinels inside lanterns and shoot them off cave ceilings. However, you could only sell them. There was no option to trade Spinels for exclusive items like in the remake.
How to Obtain Spinels in Resident Evil 4 Remake?
To get Spinels in Resident Evil 4 Remake, you need to complete blue requests. These requests are found in each area and, more often than not, located close to the Merchant.
The tasks you need to do to complete these requests vary. You will explore areas for particular items, killing mini-boss enemies while also shooting rats or blue medallions you will find marked on the map.
Whenever you complete a request, you can return to the Merchant and get Spinels in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Once you get Spinels, you can click on the Trade option in the Merchant menu. You will be able to get Spinels throughout the game by fulfilling the requests, while Spinels are a relatively rare drop from some creatures you slay along your way. As you progress, you will unlock new items you can trade Spinels for. Here is a list for you o see what items you can unlock and how many Spinels you need:
- Village treasure map: one Spinels
- Exclusive upgrade ticket: forty Spinels
- Matilda handgun: ten Spinels
- Gunpowder x10: two Spinels
- Yellow diamond: three Spinels
- Castle treasure map: three Spinels
- Elegant Mask: two Spinels
- Gunpowder x10: three Spinels
- Exclusive upgrade ticket: thirty Spinels
- Red Beryl: four Spinels
- High-power scope: seven Spinels
- Velvet blue: one Spinel
- Punisher handgun: five Spinels
- Island treasure map: five Spinels
- Attache case: Leather (increases the drop rate of red herbs): twelve Spinels
- Red9 stock: nine Spinels
- Laser sight: ten Spinels
- Yellow herb: three Spinels
- Gold token: three Spinels
- Attache case: Black (increases the drop rate of L resources): eight Spinels
- Chalice of Atonement: three Spinels
- TMP stock: eight Spinels
- Matilda stock: twelve Spinels
Resident Evil 4 Remake: How to Solve Manor Cabinet Lock Puzzle
Resident Evil 4 Remake is available on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles.