So, you don’t know what to do with Faded Plaques? Faded Plaques in Diablo 4 are just one of many mysterious encounters that you will experience while slaying hordes of demons throughout Sanctuary. Interconnected with statues scattered across Diablo 4‘s massive open-world setting, these bear a cryptic message, and many are scratching their heads about how to solve it. Although puzzling initially, these are very easy to crack when interacting correctly. This guide will show you how to use Faded Plaques in Diablo 4.
Diablo 4: Faded Plaques Guide
Faded Plaques, popularly known as Emote Shrines in the community, prompt a riddle when you interact with one, and you will need to use an emote to solve it. Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how to use Faded Plaques in Diablo 4:
- Once you locate a Faded Plaque, interact with it to trigger a riddle.
- Read the riddle carefully. The first sentence of the riddle will always be the same and will say, “Most of the inscription has been lost to time. A few barely legible words read:”.
- Pay attention to the sentence that follows the initial sentence. This sentence will provide a hint or clue to the solution.
- Remember that the game has multiple inscriptions and 14 different emotes, so the solutions can vary.
- Once you have understood the riddle and the hint, stand in the glowing circle in front of the Faded Plaque. This is the activation point.
- Select the emote that you believe corresponds to the solution of the riddle. You can choose from the available 14 different emotes.
- Perform the selected emote in front of the Faded Plaque.
- If your emote is correct, the statue will flash, indicating that you have successfully unlocked the buff associated with that Faded Plaque.
- Look for a small icon above your level progress bar in the screen’s bottom left corner. This icon indicates that the buff from the Faded Plaque is active.
- Repeat the process for other Faded Plaques you encounter in Diablo 4. Once you have solved the first Faded Plaque, you should be familiar with the system and have no trouble resolving other riddles. Enjoy the game.
Here are just some of the many Faded Plaques in Diablo 4, their solutions, and the buff that each provides:
- GIVE AID Meek Powerless – Help emote (receive a temporary barrier)
- GREET Death Open Arms – Hello emote (you will stay hidden until your next action. First attack deals 20% increased damage)
- DARE PROVOKE Ire Fate – Taunt emote (you will gain a buff called Unstoppable. This will render you immune to impairing effects, and crippling effects are removed once the buff is active).
As you can see, the word in CAPS letters is a keyword. This is the word you will need to translate into a corresponding emote. After doing so, you will be able to use Faded Plaque in Diablo 4.
There are quite a few Faded Plaques in Diablo 4 across the map. These will help you in your demon-slaying missions. Although these rewards can’t be counted as game changers, Faded Plaques still provide an excellent temporary boost for your character.