If I say the word, ‘Anno’, to you, does it ring any bells? Chances are, if you’re not a steam addicted PC gamer, you’ve never heard of Anno before. There’s a chance you played the old and massively watered down DS adaptation, but probably not. That’s a shame because the Anno series of games have to be some of the most intricate resource gathering/city building games of all time. Everything you create or build you’ll have to gather, transport and perhaps refine somewhere else.
Anno 2205 was announced at this years E3 and it looks like it takes the series to the next level. It looks more detailed, more strategic (if that’s possible) and for the first time in an Anno game, it gives the player the chance to colonize the Moon.
Much like the several previous Anno games, Anno 2205 looks beautiful. Just from watching the game play trailer above we can see the massive impact players can have on the natural world, building vast bridges, floating launch pads and cutting back swathes of forests to build towns and cities.
Some of the features promised by the Ubisoft developer Blue Byte are:
- Colonizing continents on Earth,
- Establishing Moon bases
- Mining the moon’s resources to transform your cities on Earth into thriving metropolises.
- Thousands of hours of accessible and challenging game play allowing you to go beyond the story and ultimately grow monumental cities with thousands of buildings.
- A new graphics engine offers an unprecedented level of detail,
- Islands in Anno 2205 can be five times bigger than in previous Anno games
If you’re a fan of economic/city building strategy games, Anno 2205 will be one to watch. If you like beautiful graphics and making an impact on the world in a game, Anno 2205 will be one to watch. If you’ve always wanted to colonize the Moon… You get the drift.