In DOLOS we trust, therefore we can rely on developer Bulwark Studios to improve upon their IXION title with a new update that touches on difficulty settings. The space-management simulator and city-building survival hybrid game continues to search for a new home across the universe. Your crewmates might want to take a quick breather, however. IXION is launching update 188.8.131.52 with new Difficulty Options to adjust the gameplay. Of course, there are also some fixes, some major and some minor – all essential, though.
We’ve provided the changelog below, along with the “IXION | Difficulty Update Trailer”. The official link will include additional information.
IXION Update 184.108.40.206 Patch Notes
Any new playthrough will now begin with a choice of three difficulty modes:
- Journey: This mode is for players who want to enjoy the game’s narrative and is recommended for those unfamiliar with the city-builder genre.
- Default: This is the intended IXION experience and is recommended for players familiar with city builders.
- Challenge: An unrelenting fight for survival; this mode is for Administrators who really want to test their skills.-Custom Mode: You can adjust a wide variety of game mechanics to your taste.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t build in the top-left tile of Sector 2.
- Story-related technologies can now be unlocked when you have 0 Science.
- Fixed an issue for some players where ‘restart chapter’ would take them to the previous chapter rather than the current.
- Fixed issues that arose from exiting the “Walking into the Lion’s Den” event.
- The player can no longer soft-lock their game by ignoring events in chapter 3.
- Fixed an issue where repeatedly clicking the credits button increased its scroll speed.
- Fixed an issue where crew would disappear if a save game was loaded mid-population transfer.
- Food is no longer produced if all food production buildings are turned off.
- Arrowheads no longer disappear in the resource transfer window.
Humanity is depending on you to discover a new home. Assemble your crew and reach for the stars as IXION launches update 220.127.116.11 with the Difficulty Options addition.