Ever since LEGO Batman 2, Traveller’s Tale LEGO series has ditched the silly mumbles for full-fledged voice-acting. However, in addition to hundreds of popular characters from all nine mainline Star Wars films, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga also includes one unique fanservice for the games fans: Mumble Mode. Here’s how you can unlock and activate Mumble Mode for a little dash of nostalgia in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.
Unlocking/Activating the Mumble Mode in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
To activate the Mumble Mode for, quoting the game itself, the “classic LEGO Star Wars experience,” all you need to do is:
- Start the game.
- Start a new game or load a save file until you take control of a character.
- Open the Holoprojector menu (not the pause menu) by pressing the Xbox view button or PlayStation touchpad.
- Navigate to the far right Extras tab.
- Select the Datacard option. This is the cheat and bonus features section.
- Scroll down until you find the Mumble Mode option. It will be the first cheats/extras that are unlocked from the start.
As you can expect, once activated, Mumble Mode replaces all dialogues with mumbles and grunts. Nevertheless, subtitles are still available, and you can simply disable Mumble Mode again in the Extras menu any time you want.
Unfortunately, though, the cutscenes in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga were still made with voice-acted scenes in mind. This means the non-verbal jokes and gestures do not work as well as you’d hope this time around. Who can forget the dramatic “No, I am your father scene” replaced with Darth Vader taking out and pointing his wedding photo to Luke? Even if it failed to reach that comedic high, Mumble Mode is still a nice nod to the original LEGO titles.