Cuddle Monster Games and Super Rare Originals are administering the first major update for Lone Ruin. The new content brings forth new challenges, gameplay tweaks, and magical encounters to add to the already-existing twin-stick mechanics. Titled The Fool’s Errand, Steam users can download the update for Lone Ruin now before they dive into another roguelike playthrough. The official notes can be viewed in full here, along with other announcements and links for players to check out.
Lone Ruin – The Fool’s Errand Update
Descend into the ruins again on a foolish errand to gather magical cloaks from a time long since passed. Truly test your sorceress skills with a brand new progression-based system in the Ruin Run.
Fool’s Errand progression
– an ascension-style progression system replaces the difficulty selection, growing gradually more difficult the more successful runs you complete. Can you reach the very end of this eternal ruin?
– a brand new game mechanic is introduced with the cloaks, which are unlocked at successful Errand intervals. Will you wear the Cloak of Bleeding, the Cloak of Learning, or another magical cloak to gain additional abilities and boosts? Cloaks work in both the main Ruin Run and Survival modes.
Survival mode update
– unlock biomes to play with in the Survival mode, including the Infected Gardens, Ghoul Grave, and Goop Temple. You can now also select from all the spells in Survival, just like in Ruin Run.
– Reroll and Sacrifice options have now been added to the shop, allowing for more thoughtful (or instinctive) decisions during your runs.
– new achievements introduced to tie in with the new content, encouraging you to play for longer to complete everything the ruins have to offer.
– general balance tweaks and fixes have been introduced.
In addition to The Fool’s Errand update, the teams will continue to adjust Lone Ruin based on further feedback from players. Be sure to add it to your queue as you start up the new week for March. Switch users can expect the update to arrive at a later time.
We have more updates, patch notes, and hotfixes for you to read through that come from your favorite games!