In Lost Ark, there are hidden Side Quests called Hidden Story that must be completed within a set period of time and force you to travel through several different locations. Usually, you’ll have to complete each clue within 20 minutes, indicated by a really easy-to-miss question mark icon above your health bar. Otherwise, you lose all progress and have to restart the quest from the beginning. To help you prepare to complete these Lost Ark side quests, here’s a quick guide to solving one of them, the “What Makes a Hero” Hidden Story quest.
Lost Ark: “What Makes a Hero” Hidden Story Clues
First Clue Location
- Go to the town of Lakebar, in the West Luterra Region.
- Head to the middle of town, just to the left of General Merchant, you should see a tree with red flowers underneath. Investigate the flowers.
- The first clue will show these messages:
“Lynnis left a trail back in Lakebar. Having escaped from the Demons, Lynnis planted a tree in the Lakebar Village before heading to the Medrick Monastery as a way of expressing his gratitude for providing sanctuary. Perhaps there will be traces in the corner of the Medrick Monastery.”
- Time to hustle to Medrick Monastery since the question mark icon on your health bar has appeared, and you only have 20 minutes to reach the next clue.
Second Clue Location
- Leave Lakebar and head to the Medrick Monastery area by going to the south. Teleporting there also works because the clue is close to the Triport in the middle of the map.
- From the Triport keep walking to the right until you get to the end of the hall. Right beside the statue, you will find a spot that can be investigated.
- Interact with it and get the second clue:
“Lynnis left a note in the Medrick Monastery. ‘Golly, that was some amazing wine they served here! I wanted to flee because I thought I wouldn’t make it to the Bilbrin Forest, but now I’ve got all this liquid courage!”. Perhaps there will be traces in the carriage in the small village.”
Third Clue Location
- Head to the Bilbrin Forest area by going to the south (again) from Medrick Monastery.
- Follow the path to the right from the Grayhammer Mine or the Triport until it splits off to the south. You should find a small village there.
- Find the third clue just behind the cart:
“Lynnis left a diary in Bilbrin Forest. He wrote that he ran into the Bilbrin Forest Milita after running around all over. They shared some wine, then he headed to the Battlebound Plains. Perhaps there will be more traces among the red flowers along the road.”
Fourth and Final “What Makes a Hero” Clue Location in Lost Ark
- Go east and travel to Battlebound Plains. Or teleport to the Front Outpost Triport.
- From Front Outpost, head to the middle of the map toward the Flamecliff Fortress. The path narrows after the first opening. See if there’s a crescent-shaped rock to your right; there should also be some red flowers beneath it. Investigate it.
- With this final message, you also have completed this Hidden Story:
“Lynnis left a note in the Battlebound Plains. ‘Man, that was exhausting. I wanted to go home very much. But there’s just one step left. Come on, hang in there! Go, me!””
Lost Ark: Crook Catcher Quest Guide
If you still have trouble locating the “What Makes a Hero” Hidden Story clues, check out the YouTuber Game Guide Channel’s Lost Ark video guide below.
Lost Ark is now available on PC via Steam.