There are many ways you can explore the incredible world of Lost Ark. Much of this is thanks to the 5 Main Classes and 15 Advanced Classes available to play. One of which is the Wardancer. If you want to know how best to use this Martial Artist Class in Lost Ark, our Wardancer build guide should help you.
Wardancer Guide for Lost Ark
Wardancer is one of the gender-locked Advanced Classes in Lost Ark. It is a female-only Martial Artist Class. Also, once you understand all aspects of it, it makes for a good beginner’s class for those new to the game.
If you want both the rush of hand-to-hand combat and the excitement of mage abilities, Wardancer is the best choice for you. They’re a Melee DPS Class. So, they focus on getting in, dealing a good amount of damage, and getting out.
Building Your Wardancer in Lost Ark
Similar to the other classes, Wardancer has two builds: Esoteric Skill Enhancement and First Intention.
The Esoteric Skill Enhancement build mainly uses normal skills to generate Elemental Orbs. From there, the Orbs are used for the Wardancer’s Esoteric Skills. The three levels to the Esoteric Skill Enhancement are as follows:
- Level 1: Elemental Orbs increase +1. Esoteric skills inflict +8% damage per Elemental Orb.
- At Level 2: Max Elemental Orbs increase +1. Increase damage by +10% per Elemental Orb.
- Level 3: Elemental Orbs increase +1. Esoteric skills inflict +12% damage per Elemental Orb.
Meanwhile, the First Intention build only uses normal skills. With this, you can’t gain Elemental Orbs, but you do get a global increase in damage. The three First Intention levels are listed below:
- Level 1: Damage against foes increases +15%.
- At Level 2: Output damage increases +20%.
- Level 3: Damage against foes increases +25%.
Tips for Using Each Build
If you want a simpler Wardancer Martial Artist to build to use in Lost Ark, First Intention works best here. It’s straightforward with a high speed of attack. This even has more consistent damage compared to Esoteric Skill Enhancement. There’s no concern about watching your Esoteric Meter since you only focus on Normal Skills.
However, if you do want to use the Esoteric Skill Enhancement build, you can create something powerful if you focus on the right areas. Steering your focus to Specialization and Crit stats will help you increase your damage and energy gained. This opens the door to some incredibly potent attacks.
Best Wardancer Martial Artist Skills in Lost Ark
There are more than a dozen skills your Wardancer will unlock once you’re beyond Level 50. Even so, some seem better than others to focus on. These are true regardless of your specific playstyle, considering how valuable the skills are in general.
Here are some of our favorite Normal Skills to use with the Martial Artist Wardancer build in Lost Ark:
- Moon Flash Kick: This will unlock early at Combat Level 10. Using the Full Moon Kick tripod can improve this skill even more by making it incredibly fast.
- Lightning Kick: Another one unlocked the same as Moon Flash Kick, this is helpful for mobility purposes. A combination like Sharp Movement and Heaven’s Lightning can not only help you cover more area but also inflict a great amount of damage.
- Swift Wind Kick: This unlocks at Combat Level 20. You can spin-kick around the area, dealing out high damage and controlling mobs. This makes it a good skill to focus on in the beginning.
- Sweeping Kick: Unlocked at Combat Level 36, this can deal lethal damage. This makes it especially useful in main boss battles. It can even push some enemies away so you can regroup.
- Wind’s Whisper: This unlocks at Combat Level 20. It’s great for you and your allies as it gives all of you a temporary buff to move and attack speed. Don’t forget to invest in Quick Prep to lower its cooldown so you can use it frequently.
- Flash Heat Fang: Unlocked at Combat Level 10 is one you’ll have to get behind your opponent to take advantage of. Investing in the Weak Point Detection tripod is worthwhile to increase its damage too.
There are also a couple of powerful Esoteric Skills worth focusing on:
- Call of the Wind God: This is unlocked at Combat Level 28. It uses a tornado to clear out large mobs, so it’s handy if you’re surrounded and feeling overwhelmed. Note that activating it will consume 2 Orbs.
- Lightning Strike: Your Wardancer will unlock this at Combat Level 18 in Lost Ark. You’ll unleash a powerful ball of lightning energy that deals great damage and can even stun enemies. You can combine tripods like Steady Will and Electrocution to increase damage. It’ll consume 1 Orb when you activate it.
Although using First Intention seems more feasible if you want simple gameplay, there’s no right or wrong way to use this class. The Wardancer Martial Artist build in Lost Ark is adaptable enough to suit your playstyle if you’re a beginner or have more experience playing around with different skills.
Lost Ark is available on PC via Steam.