When it comes to Niantic and Pokemon Go, you are never quite sure what to expect. 2020 has been a wild year beyond the global pandemic. Throughout the year, the video game industry has had to adapt to survive. Because of this adaption, companies have delayed games and found new ways to keep their fan base entertained. Niantic is just one of the companies that have evolved during the 2020 pandemic. Although their Harry Potter: Wizard’s Unite still struggles, Pokemon Go had another record-breaking year. In preparation for 2021, Niantic has announced the Machop Pokemon Go community day will take place in January 2021.
Throughout 2020, Niantic allowed trainers to catch a variety of different Pokemon, most from the Kanto region. Despite the pandemic requiring social distancing, Niantic made it possible for trainers to join raids remotely around the world. This left the Pokemon Go community divided since some trainers wanted shiny versions of newer Pokemon. The Machop Pokemon Go community day has left the community feeling disappointed. A shiny version of Machop has been in the game since 2019; it was originally released in the Battle Showdown 2019 event on March 5, 2019.
Community Day Specifics
- Shiny Machop’s chances are increased.
- Incense will last for 3 hours.
- Any Machops caught during the event will grant 3X catch Stardust.
- Any Machoke evolved into Machamp will learn the special charged move Payback.
- In addition to the usual benefits of community day, a special event ticket can be purchased for $1. The Special ticket will grant the special research story, Straight to the Top, Machop!
- If you purchase a ticket for the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event by Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at 11:59 PM PST (GMT −8), the Straight to the Top Machop! research is free.
What do you think of 2021’s first community day? Is the Machop Pokemon Go community day a great way to punch into the new year or a continuation of 2020 disappointment? Let us know in the comments below!