M2H has announced that their game Marooners has been Greenlit on Steam. It took the game less than 10 days to accomplish this and is now confirmed for a Steam release in 2016. The game promises to cover a new audience for party games. The game now has a Steam Store page for those interested, it can be found here. The developer encourages party game enthusiasts or anyone else to add the game to their wishlists in anticipation of the release.
About the Game:
“Marooners brings party games to the next level by finally giving the party game genre the attention it needs. The minigames are more detailed compared to existing popular party games, but the game has got more going on than just minigames: In the main game mode you play five minigames at the same time, switching back and forth between games.
The game will support both offline and online multiplayer (2 – 6 players). Any combination of local and remote players is also supported; friends who can’t come over no longer have an excuse not to party.
Marooners was the national winner at the global game jam 2015 in the Netherlands.”
The game’s Steam Store page lists the following features:
- Multiple game modes!
- A new kind of party game experience: play multiple minigames at the same time, constantly switching between them when you least expect it
- Play locally with your friends on the couch or challenge them or the rest of the world online. Any combination of 2-6 local and / or online players is possible!
- Multiple intense minigames
- A host of quirky characters!
- Awesome weapons to unlock!
- Run, jump and bash your way to glory!
- Full controller support (+ full SteamOS support)
- Earn Steam Achievements and trading cards
Brian Cowan loves playing video games, football, Magic, and pretty much anything else that he can use as an excuse to waste time. When he is not doing the above or working, he is usually writing or reading.