When you jump into Mass Effect Legendary Edition, you’ll be presented with a lot of different choices. From the various details on your character including eyes, hair, mouth, etc., to the origin of your character’s existence in the current moment, each Shepard players customize is bound to be different in some way. One of the most impactful choices you have to make in your experience is which class to choose, and that can be a daunting task to some. No need to worry though as, in this guide, we’ll explain the best way for you to choose a class for your Shepard in Mass Effect Legendary Edition.
Which Class You Should Choose in Mass Effect Legendary Edition
For starters, we have to go over each class and what the fundamental differences are so you can best choose. As such, here’s a description of each class and what it brings to the table:
- Soldier: The soldier is, as the title describes, your classic fighter who seeks to get into the thick of battle using nothing but their trusty weapon and top-of-the-line armor plating. They also have the widest selection of weapons for all the classes and have beefier HP bars.
- Adept: Your standard mage class, being able to manipulate their surroundings with the power of their mind. Their weapons and armor may be on the weaker side, but they make up for it with their resourcefulness through their environment.
- Engineer: For fans of using technology to their advantage, this class has it all. Using their various powers, they’ll control the battlefield to their will, ensuring any defenses are quickly turned into the enemy’s worst nightmare. Catching your enemy off guard is the name of the game with this class.
- Vanguard: Using a unique blend of both Soldier and Adept, this class offers you a solid mix of front-line assault with battlefield manipulation. For those who don’t mind giving up a bit of strength in either area, the Vanguard makes for a great generalist class in Mass Effect Legendary Edition.
- Sentinel: Similar to the Vanguard, Sentinels look to combine the best of two classes, this time being the biotics and technical superiority of Adept and Engineer. If you’d rather control the battlefield than engage in standard combat, this can be your strongest tool.
- Infiltrator: And finally, the combination of Soldier and Engineer. This class exceeds best at taking out its enemies, either through disabling them entirely or ending them with a clean shot to the head. Sticking to the back of the battlefield is an Infiltrator’s greatest strong suit.
So this leaves the question, which of these six classes should you choose in Mass Effect Legendary Edition? To get it out of the way now, you’ll want to avoid the last three classes if you have yet to play the Mass Effect games. They can be fun but require some experience with the game to be used effectively. As for the first three though, you’ll have to ask yourself how you play other games like Mass Effect. Are you someone who enjoys manipulating the battlefield to their advantage? Do you like getting your hands dirty with a little frontline combat? Would you want to take control of enemy fortifications to use it against them? These are all questions you should ask yourself, as only you can answer to your particular playstyle.
Our Other ME Legendary Edition Guides
All in all, we hope this made your choice of class in Mass Effect Legendary Edition just a bit easier. If it did, be sure to let us know in the comments below. As well, share it around so it can help others!