Mass Effect Legendary Edition has received patch 1.02, three days following the game’s official release. These patch notes should address why your companions going all cross-eyed or if your Shepard is just generally and literally just freaking out all over the screen. All these patch notes should already be up and running for Shepards on PC, Xbox, and Playstation. Without further adieu, here’s everything that’s been changed!
Mass Effect Legendary Edition Update 1.02 Patch Notes
- Fixed the main issue where the launcher would crash or become unresponsive on Xbox Series X when using a wireless headset
- Known issue: This can still happen if you enable/disable a headset in the launcher. A future fix will resolve this issue.
- Improved iris shaders for better interaction with light and ambient occlusion
- Minor calibrations, fixes, and stability improvements
- Improved terrain textures
- Fixed an issue where kills for achievements/trophies weren’t tracking correctly
Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2
- Resolved an issue where the character code would sometimes not display in the squad menu.
- Improvements to pre-rendered cutscenes to reduce occasional artifacts
Mass Effect 2
- Improved lighting and shadows in some cinematics.
- Minor visual, rendering, and VFX improvements on some levels.
- Resolved minor text issues with achievements.
Mass Effect 3
- And lastly, fixed an issue where kills for achievements/trophies weren’t tracking correctly.
This will absolutely not be the last time BioWare releases a solid patch for Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Hopefully, these patch notes can be a soothing salve for those pesky and maybe game-breaking issues players might be having.
I last remember playing some Mass Effect was when I was griding through the multiplayer maps for Mass Effect 3, all through the night with my buddies. While the multiplayer wasn’t included this time around, I hope the collection is just as fun.
Do you think BioWare did well with these latest patch notes for Mass Effect Legendary Edition? Let me know in the comments below, and godspeed to all Shepards out there!