Microsoft announced the Xbox Summer Spotlight 2019 promotion that will run from July 30 to September 9. During this period, 60 new indie games will enrich the selection. The catalog will be updated every week on Tuesday. Also, for spending on Summer Spotlight games, you’ll receive up to 4,000 Microsoft Rewards points. These 4.000 points are given to the ones that spend $40 on the games included in the promotion.
These are some of the Summer Spotlight’ s Games:
- The Blackout Club (Available Now) – A first-person co-op horror game where 1-4 players explore procedurally-generated missions.
- Metal Wolf Chaos XD (August 6) – The modernized re-release of FromSoftware’s 2004 mech shooter with upgraded visual fidelity, refined controls, and gameplay, a new save system, and 4K + 16:9 support.
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall (August 6) – “The strategy game from Triumph Studios, creators of the critically acclaimed Age of Wonders-series.” Build your empire with one of six factions, ranging from the militant Vanguard to Amazons and cyborg-zombies. Progress through each faction’s missions, exploring planetary ruins and encountering other survivors. It’s possible to play the single-player campaign, random skirmish maps, or in multiplayer.
- Wreckfest (August 27) – A “full-contact racing game to get the post-apocalyptic car.” The developer is Bugbear, the creators of FlatOut 1 and 2.
- Blair Witch (August 30) – A story-driven psychological horror game, inspired by the cinematic lore of Blair Witch. Presented at E3 2019, and available at day one on Game Pass.
August’s Xbox Games with Gold makes the Summer even better
In addition to the Summer Spotlight games, Microsoft announced the titles in the August’s Games with Gold. Xbox One players will receive two massive exclusives to play for free. One of the two will be available from August 1 to the 31, the other from August 16 until September 15. As usual, Xbox 360 games are also part of the subscription. For the month of August, the 360 games included will be Torchlight and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
I’m an Italian guy who likes talking and writing about video games. When I’m not involved in videogames, you can find me practicing handstands (with mediocre results), or lifting hay bales on my tiny, little farm.