It’s finally here. The true ending (and the final boss fight) to Monster Hunter Rise is finally coming in a matter of hours. On the Monster Hunter May Digital Event live stream, Capcom has confirmed that the 3.0 title update will launch tonight on May 26 at 05:00 PM PDT or May 27 at 01:00 AM BST. The Monster Hunter Rise 3.0 title update will take around 1.4 GB off your Switch’s memory. Or if this is your first time updating the game, the required space is about 2.9GB. Check out the exciting trailer showcasing the ending teaser and Crimson Glow Valstrax, along with all the juicy details below.
Monster Hunter Rise 3.0 Title Update Details
Just like the previous title updates in both Monster Hunter Rise and World, a selection of new monsters and quests will be added to the game with the 3.0 version:
- Crimson Glow Valstrax: A variant of Elder Dragon Valstrax, who debuted in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. It uses its wings to expel dragon energy that lets it fly like a jet or shoot beams at enemies. It is weak to all elements aside from Dragon.
- Apex Zinogre: The Rampage variant of Zinogre that’s covered in gold lightning. Thankfully, there will be a normal hunt quest that lets you fight it as well as Apex Rathalos and Diablos outside of Rampage.
- Ibushi-Narwa: Not really new monsters, but a new quest where we’ll have to fight both Elder Dragon at the same time and hopefully ends the Rampage storyline.
- And the Twitter post also mentioned an “etc.” on the list of new monsters. Expect a hidden monster quest like Bazelgeuse in the 2.0 update.
Aside from new monsters/quests and Valstrax armor set, you will be able to change the appearance of Rampage weapons. It probably works similarly to Weapon Augment in Monster Hunter World. Hopefully, it means we’ll be getting layered weapons in the future.
Title Update Roadmap and New Paid DLCs
Unfortunately, not all the new content is free. Still, these paid DLCs are just cosmetics, and Capcom said that they are going to add event quests that give out bonus stickers and gestures in the future.
- Hunter voices: Yomogi and Iori.
- Pose: Hide Pose Set and Using The Wall Pose Set.
- Hairstyle: Noble Short and Delicate Beauty.
- Face paint: Cheek Tusks and Stitches.
- BGM: Monster Hunter Series Bases and Monster Music: Dance Version.
- Sticker set: Special Stickers 2.
- Layered Armor:
- Hunter: Felyne Ears, Felyne Tails, Canyne Mask, Canyne Tail.
- Palico: Canyne Mask.
- Palamute: Felyne Mask.
- Cohoot: Out on the Hunt and Li’l Wingdrake.
Regarding future updates, it seems we won’t be seeing huge title updates like before again. However, Capcom will start releasing the first Capcom Collab Event Quest in mid-June with a layered armor that turns your Palico into the Tsukino character from Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. The first batch of Capcom Collab Event Quests will end in August with the 3.3 version update. Interestingly, according to Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis data miners, there is a Meat/Ration icon found amongst the item list. Let’s hope it’s true, and there are other IP crossovers after August.
Well, that’s all about the Monster Hunter Rise 3.0 title update. What crossover events are you hoping for? Share your thoughts in the comments.