If you start your Monster Hunter Rise game, go on a hunt, and wonder why the infinite item glitch is no longer working, well you are out of luck. Say goodbye to Max Potions and Shock Traps spam since the Monster Hunter Rise 1.1.2 version patch that drops today apparently fixed it. However, on the flip side, it also fixes many other minor issues and one particular save-breaking bug.
Before the 1.1.2 update, if you equip the Attack Pose and the Hurt Pose DLC on the Action Bar and the radial menu and quit the game, the next time you choose Continue from the Title Screen, your save file will be corrupted. Thanks to the patch, you can safely reload that save file and/or put the pose sets to the shortcuts. For other fixes, read the full patch notes below:
Base / Facility
- Fixed a bug causing the controls to stop responding when you sit down on a bench in the village and use the “Call Cohoot” gesture and perform certain actions.
- Fixed a bug causing menu options to be inaccessible when you enter the Gathering Hub with your Cohoot on your arm and sit down on a bench and open the Gestures menu.
- Fixed a bug causing the controls to stop responding under certain circumstances when you receive a Join Request while riding a Canyne set to your second Buddy slot.
- Fixed a bug causing the controls to stop responding when receiving and accepting a Join Request while climbing a wall at the Training Area on the back of a Canyne set to your second Buddy slot.
- Fixed a bug causing save data to be corrupted when you try to continue the game from the Title Menu after quitting the game while having the Attack Pose Set and Hurt Pose Set equipped to the Action Bar or the radial menu.
- You will now be able to resume your game with the save data in question.
- Fixed a bug causing controls to stop responding when performing certain actions after using an updraft (upwelling wind) at the Lava Caverns.
- Fixed a bug causing an error when changing Switch Skills at the item box using certain game data.
- Fixed a bug preventing the software keyboard from being displayed when you try to change the minimum HR when searching for an online Lobby.
- Other bug fixes.
It’s not a big surprise that Capcom worked fast on the 1.1.2 patch for Monster Hunter Rise since the infinite item bug is pretty game-breaking. But the silly shenanigans you can accomplish through the glitch will surely be missed, especially if you like doing Barrel Bomb runs. I hope you didn’t get too used to spamming healing items against Khezu, though. Drop by in the comments and tell us what you think of this update.