Monster Hunter 2: Wings of Ruin is launching in just a matter of days for both Nintendo Switch and PC. Nevertheless, the demo is already up on Switch. It is not time-limited, and you can actually carry over the demo save file into the full game when it releases this July 9. While it should only let you capture a selection of weak, early game monsters, there is a glitch that allows you to get an Anjanath for your party in the Monster Hunter Stories 2 demo.
Anjanath itself is one of the stronger earlier Monstie you can get, and it has Fire element attacks to boot, which most early monsters are weak against. With that in mind, a streamer known as Sluggy has found a way that lets you keep one as a partner Monstie. Let’s take a look at what you need to do in the video below.
How to Get Anjanath in Monster Hunter Stories 2 Demo
Here is the step-by-step guide to the Monster Hunter Stories 2 demo Anjanath glitch if you don’t feel like watching the 11 minutes long video, prefer to read guides, or need a quick list of what you have to do:
- Get to the “Sealed Den” quest, this is the quest that unlocks Guardian Ratha’s den.
- Enter North Kamura Forest and make your way to the nest. Because this is part of the story mission, it should be vacant.
- But just before getting into the nest area, instead, a Pukei-Pukei will spawn. You have to fight and get it to retreat, then follow the Pukei into the den and grab an egg. Leave.
- Head back towards the nest location. Navirou will tell you something about a nest ahead.
- Wait for at least 3-10 minutes; then for some reason, a Yian-Kut-Ku will literally spawn from thin air.
- However, once you fight the Yian-Kut-Ku, it will turn into an Anjanath. Get the Anjanath to retreat for a chance to get its eggs. Repeat as necessary.
Our Other Guides
- Monster Hunter Rise Guide: How To Capture Monsters
- Fortnite Guide: How to Destroy Hiding Places for the Season 7 Challenge
- RimWorld Multiplayer Mod: A Brief Guide
Although the Anjanath has incomplete data, missing armor, weapons, and other information about the monster, you can still hatch its egg and get one for a Monstie. It can definitely give you a faster head start along with Razewing Ratha. Stay tuned at The Nerd Stash for more Monster Hunter and other video game guides.