On October 1st (or September 30, 5 PM PDT), major updates for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is finally ending. The game is ending with a bang though. Iceborne final update will bring the ever-present “final boss” of the series, the black dragon Fatalis, into the New World. Although you’ll have to finish the Alatreon Special Assignment first before you can face Fatalis. I know it’s hard but on the other hand, Alatreon’s Dragon-element weapons and armor could be pretty useful for fighting Fatalis.
Iceborne final update will also add Velkhana as the second Arch-Tempered Elder Dragon in Master Rank. It will show up in the ‘The Place Where Winter Sleeps’ Event Quest that seems to take place in the Seliana Supply Cache again. I hope we get one-piece Frostcraft as Velkhana Gamma+’s armor skill. Additionally, coming a bit later, the new Seliana Fun Fright Fest will be available from October 15, 2020, 5 PM through November 5, 2020, 4:59 PM PDT.
As you can watch from the Iceborne final update trailer above, Fatalis and Arch-Tempered Velkhana aren’t the only addition to the game. First, Japan and PS4-exclusive Monster Hunter: Iceborne x Universal Studios collaboration is coming to the West as well. And PC players will finally get their hands on the Street Fighter Ryu and Sakura collaboration armor. Not to mention they’re also adding the long-awaited Master Rank layered armor. The time for “fashion hunting” the right way is just around the corner.
Last but not least, there are several quality-of-life additions:
- Tenderizing effects on monsters take longer to disappear.
- You can now use rarity 9 decorations and higher as materials at the Elder Melder.
- Soul Stream III has been added to the First Wyverian Ritual at the Elder Melder.
- Elementless Jewel 2, Shield Jewel 2, Sharp Jewel 2, Dragonseal Jewel 3, Mighty Bow Jewel 2, and Mind’s Eye Jewel 2 can now be melded at the Elder Melder.
- Shaver Charm, Earplugs Charm V, Master’s Charm V, Critical Charm III, Exploiter Charm III, and Handicraft Charm V are added.
- Sealed Feystones have a higher chance to drop from the special rewards of investigations for threat level three Tempered monsters.
While this is indeed Iceborne final update, Capcom have promised that they will still be adding more Event Quests to the game later. So even if you’ve just bought the game or still in the middle of Iceborne‘s story, there’s still a lot of time to catch up. Share with us your thoughts and Monster Hunter stories in the comments below.