Having high-quality items and machines will become crucial to success as you progress through My Time at Sandrock, especially as you unlock more challenging commissions. This guide will provide information on making a Refiner in My Time at Sandrock Early Access.
How to Make a Refiner in My Time at Sandrock
Before assembling the Refiner in My Time at Sandrock, you’ll have to head to the Research Center and speak to Qi. It costs eight Data Discs to research the Refiner and takes three in-game day to complete if you do not speed it up. You’ll receive mail from the Research Center with the Refiner blueprint once the research is complete.
After obtaining the Refiner assembly blueprint in your mail, you’ll have to prepare some resources to make the machine. To make the Refiner, you need the following items and materials:
- Bronze Blade x1 – Craft these at your Worktable using Bronze Bars and Copper Gears.
- Copper Screw x12 – Use Copper Bars in a Grinder. Each bar produces two screws.
- Marble Slab x2 – Obtained by using Marble Brick in a Processor. You smelt Marble Bricks in a furnace using Marble.
- Rubber Shell x3 – Recycle Rubber Scrap or use Rubber in a Processor.
- Hardwood Stick x2 – Obtained by recycling Fine Wood Scraps or processing Hard Wood in a Processor.
The Refiner, an early- to mid-game machine you make in My Time at Sandrock, requires basic and complex materials. However, you’ll need at least one Furnace, Recycler, Processor and Grinder. You can also find each resource using the following methods:
- Bronze Bars: Obtained by smelting Copper Ore and Tin Ore in a furnace.
- Copper Gear: Use Copper Bars in a Grinder.
- Copper and Tin Ore: Found in the Eufaula Salvage Abandoned Ruins starting at level one.
- Rubber: Obtained from Eufaula Salvage and Eufaula Desert rubber junk piles.
- Marble: Found while mining Hard Rocks in Eufaula Desert.
- Hard Wood: Obtained from recycling Fine Wood Scraps or chopping down Deadwood trees and logs.
Once you obtain each resource, you’ll be ready to assemble the Refiner. Like other machines and structures you have created, you build the Refiner at the Assembly Station. Go to your Assembly Station and select the Refiner. Click Assemble to find the Refiner on the Assembly Station platform. Interact with it by pressing “E” to add each material. After adding each part, interact with it again to add the Refiner to your inventory.