The new NBA 2K23 hotfix promises to improve defensive contests and interior finishes. Reddit users found the latest problem to be an issue from Season 4. A dunking-related bug appeared in the game, further fueling the theory that recent patches had added additional issues. Fortunately, the current version addresses all of these issues and more.
As you might know, the developers have lowered the impact of shorter players’ defense against taller players and reduced the frequency of missed dunks. Players are now excited about the hotfix and the improved gameplay, but some remain skeptical, given past events.
NBA 2K23 Hotfix for Defense and Dunking
The developer says they have identified an issue in Season 4, affecting defensive contests and interior finishing, and have pushed the following hotfix updates to address this:
- Lowered impact of shorter players’ defense against taller players
- Reduced frequency of missed dunks
The latest hotfix for NBA 2K23 is good news for players frustrated by the paint defense and dunking issues. The developers have listened to player feedback and made changes to improve the gaming experience.
NBA 2K23 Update 1.09 Patch Notes
- Preparations for NBA 2K23 Season 4, launching this Friday, January 13th, at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET/4 PM BST. Stay tuned for what we have in store!
- A new game mode, Eras Quick Play, will launch alongside Season 4 this Friday. This new mode is accessible from the Play Now menu and allows you to experience quick play historic matchups with full presentation filters/overlays from any of our supported Eras
- Resolved a rare disconnect that could occur in Play Now Online games when toggling camera settings
- The Bob Lanier “16” stripe has been added to the Detroit Pistons uniforms (available in the next roster update)
- Fixed some visual issues with the City courts for the Minnesota Timberwolves, Phoenix Suns, and San Antonio Spurs
Gameplay – NBA 2K23 Patch Notes 1.09
- Reduced on-ball steal effectiveness when reaching across the ball handler’s body and from behind
- Medium Anklebreaker reactions have been removed from Triple Threat moves
- Fixed a rare issue that would cause the player to go beneath the floor if a screen wipe appeared while he was performing a user-controlled rim hang
- Addressed zoom and camera focus issues in Triple Threat Online games
- Fixed an issue with images not loading for Uniform Cards in Option Packs
- Lineup rules will now ignore boosted Dynamic Duo gem colors for player cards
MyNBA/THE W – NBA 2K23 Patch Notes 1.09
- Continued stability fixes and improvements have been made for MyNBA, MyNBA Online, and The W
- Addressed a hang in MyNBA that could occur when going into the Trade Finder menu
- Season awards in MyNBA can now be overridden with players at positions different from the initial winner
- Resolved a rare hang in MyNBA that could occur when simulating through the season with a highly customized league
- Shoes in The W that do not match MyPLAYER’s signed brand can now be equipped in the Street look.