Team17 and Veewo Games have just announced today that their new game Neon Abyss is launching soon. Neon Abyss will most notably take players on a relentlessly fast pace rogue-lite adventure filled with tons of action. The premise revolves around players taking orders from the lord of the underworld, Hades himself to get rid of some upstart new gods.
Throughout the game players will encounter countless enemies and puzzles to solve, in a bid to overthrow the Gods of Fast Food, Mobile Video, Plushies, and more. Neon Abyss will also reportedly feature hundreds of items to collect and even pets to hatch and evolve. See the list below for the full list of key features to expect from Neon Abyss.
Neon Abyss Key Features:
- An Evolving Dungeon: Players will Explore the unique and expandable underworld of the Neon Abyss. they will also have the option to choose a personalized upgrade path to expand the dungeon and unlock new rooms, bosses, items, special rules, and even new endings.
- Expansive Content: Neon Abyss will feature Dynamically generated maps. There are also well over 400 items and dozens of monsters with different styles. The game also has countless secrets to ensure that no adventure through the abyss is the ever same.
- Unlimited Item Synergies: Players can also earn special passive effects between item stacks that all affect each other. There is also no limit to the number of effects the player can have applied at once.
- Mini-games: Unique rooms of mini-games can also be discovered in the many dungeons. Each mini-game will feature special mechanics and rules specific to the mini-game. Some of these events will include piano performances, dance competitions, fight clubs, and much more.
- Pets Hatching & Evolving: As players descend into the abyss, they can find and raise eggs until they hatch into a random pet. Each of these pets will have a special ability and most pets can evolve as the player plays the game.
Neon Abyss will be launching July 14th for Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. For more information and to stay updated with the game, follow them at Facebook, Twitter and join the devs on their Discord. Also if interested in the PC version you can Wishlist the game on Steam here.
So what do you guys think about this quirky rougelite game? Will you descend into the Abyss? What kind of pets do you hope the game has? Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to share the news!