The New World beta has released its July 23 update, so here’s the full list of changes and additions with this update. The beta is in full swing, bringing players plenty of content to test out and fried RTX 3090s to replace. With that, the team has been diligent in ensuring quality is their priority (including adding a framerate limiter to prevent those GPU bricking issues). Today’s update mainly focuses on improving the health of the game, making a few tweaks, and fixing the stability of the experience. Hopefully, with this update out, you should find the game just a tad more stable to run. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with the New World beta July 23 update!
New World (Beta) July 23 Update
- Continued improvements on stability to mitigate server crashes
- Audio for text to speech volume now controlled by Master Volume
- If there are more than 1 world that meets the requirements for being a recommended world, then the user will be offered a random world from this list of worlds.
- Text to speech messages stop being read the moment the setting is turned off.
- Flickering fog will no longer be seen throughout Edengrove and Weaver’s Fen territories.
- The northern Point of Interest boundaries for the Crescent Window now update when the player cross them, allowing users to discover Inkwell Cave from all sides.
- Fishing will no longer cause crashes
- Time needed to receive new Tradeskill Community Missions now has increased
Needless to say, this update is short and sweet, but one that brings some much-needed fixes to the New World beta. The fewer server crashes the better, which are to be expected in a beta like this (and to hopefully be fixed by launch). The other crash fixes and quality of life changes should help quite a bit too. And sadly, it looks like farming Tradeskill Community Missions just got a bit harder to farm. Clearly, they were being completed far too quickly, and likely would’ve shortened the experience greatly.
The New World Beta and its July 23 update are available exclusively on PC. For more information regarding, this update, check out the official blog post.