Update 3.20 has arrived for Overwatch, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. The most notable of changes in this patch is the anticipated name change to our favorite cowboy McCree. Since he is named after Blizzard’s former game designer Jesse McCree, many people have been demanding it. Well, they finally delivered. It was announced just days ago that McCree’s new name is Cole Cassidy. With this update comes the game-wide change of the hero. It is sure to affect many different aspects of the game, both online and otherwise. With it comes our usual hero fixes. Without further ado, here’s everything new in Overwatch Update 3.20.
Overwatch Update 3.20 Patch Notes
- Hero Update for McCree/Cassidy
- General bug fixes
- Hero bug fixes
- Introduction of hero name Cole Cassidy in place of McCree
General Bug Fix(es)
- Players now receive full credits toward matches played when playing the Junkenstein’s Revenge Halloween event
Overwatch Hero Big Fixes
- Mace chain now appears as the correct color in highlight and emotes if the Vampire Hunter skin is equipped
- Black Cat skin is no longer missing a decal on the golden gun
- Valkyrie Ultimate ability outro sound will now play properly in both first and third-person mode
- Solider: 76
- Grillmaster highlight intro is now available again after the bug fix
The majority of the bug fixes from the patch cover issues that came with the Halloween event this year. Specifically, aesthetic and character flare problems are fixed. Of course, there are also changes to our local sharpshooter. Though Blizzard has taken many hits lately, this shows they are moving forward with fans in mind. Overwatch 2 is still in the midst of development. However, little has been seen since the May 2021 showcase (for fair reasons).
Overwatch is available now on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC. For more information regarding this Overwatch patch, visit the official Overwatch forum website.