Payday 2 has launched update 209 for the PC version of the game, so here’s all that’s been added and what bugs have been fixed with this patch. This update may be entirely focused on bug fixes, but it helps to celebrate a monumental milestone. Payday 2 was released eight years ago tomorrow, so congratulations to the team for still going strong all this time later, with a sequel in the works! If a friend of yours has yet to pick up this excellent co-op heist game (and honestly, if they don’t have it yet, they’re really missing out), the game is available at 50% off. They can even try it free for three days, so there’s no reason not to play it. Onto the topic at hand though! Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Payday 2 update 209!
Payday 2 Update 209 Patch Notes
Update Size: 143.5MB
The Ukrainian Prisoner Heist
- Fixed an issue where the VFX for cutting container locks would remain if the player was disrupted during the animation.
- Fixed an issue that stopped Crew AI from climbing on top of a group of containers located in warehouse B.
- Fixed an issue that allowed AI to stand on top of certain props in the Harbor Office.
- Fixed a waypoint issue that could confuse the player if they picked up the documents in the Harbor Office before moving the container.
- Fixed an issue where security guards could spot players through certain walls.
- Fixed an issue that allowed trip mines to be placed inside walls.
- Fixed two clipping props in the Harbor Office.
- Fixed a graphical issue on a civilian character model when they are lying on the floor.
- Fixed loot bag collisions in certain areas of the level.
- Changed some props in the level to stop confusing players when looking for cleaning products to spike the cake with.
- Fixed an issue with a duplicated road unit.
- Fixed an issue that would block clients from opening dumpsters placed during pre-planning.
- Fixed an issue where Vlad would sometimes clip through the container doors when pathing to the skid loader.
- Fixed an issue that would allow enemy AI to take loot to places unreachable by the player.
- Fixed an issue where drop-in clients could not kill the guard, in the security office, of the first building.
- Fixed an issue where some containers could be seen with stretched textures.
- Fixed an issue where enemies could be seen despawning in a certain area.
- Fixed problems with baked shadows across the entire level.
- Fixed an issue on the Hell’s Island heist where a player could become stuck underneath some stairs.
- Fixed an issue on the Watchdogs heist where a player could become stuck near a fence.
- Fixed an issue on the San Martín Bank heist where the sound of the vault opening was just as intense on the roof as it was inside the bank.
- Possible fix for an issue on the Cook Off heist where sentry guns could stop enemies from spawning properly in the level.
- Fixed an issue on the Beneath the Mountain heist where converted enemies would be left behind when the player used the zipline, which blocked more converts from being taken.
- Fixed the pre-planning spy cams on the The Dragon Heist so that they spawn correctly.
- Fixed an invisible collision on the The Dragon Heist underneath the staircase leading down to the warehouse.
- Fixed an issue on The Biker Heist where a player’s gun could be seen floating next to them, when riding the bike, if the player had Akimbo weapons equipped.
- Fixed an invisible collision on Day 2 of the Loud Tutorial that was blocking the player from going up one side of the stairs.
- Fixed an exploit on the Scarface Mansion heist where you could spawn additional loot bags
- Reduced the loot bag respawn time on the Scarface Mansion heist when a bag falls into the water.
- Fixed an issue on the Diamond Store heist where looting cash would not cause the van doors to open.
- Fixed an issue on the Golden Grin Casino heist where loot bags could get stuck.
- Fixed an issue in the Safe House where the player could get stuck behind a door.
Payday 2 Update 209 – General Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where triad members had incorrect values for head damage modifiers.
- Added a popup for players who have less than 5hr playtime, directing them to career mode.
- Fixed an issue in Career Mode where the UI would show Crew AI as OFF but they would still appear in-game.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s character model could disappear in the lobby.
- Added Safe House Raid to the Contract Filter.
- Fixed an issue with the Undead Peacock and Hippika masks displaying Inventory notifications every time the game was started.
- Fixed a graphical issue on the Saints & Sinners Outfit when worn by Ethan.
- Fixed a graphical issue on the Padded Moto Azure gloves when worn by certain characters in the lobby and menus.
- Added controller support for Skip Mission and Toggle Online/Offline for Career mode.
- Fixed an issue with Czech 92 Akimbo pistols where gadgets spawned clipping through the magazine.
- Fixed an animation issue when reloading the KETCHNOV Byk-1 grenade launcher.
- Tweaked the animations for the akimbo CMP.
It’s worth noting that Payday 2 update 209 may cause some mods to either stop functioning or bring serious bugs to the rest of the experience, even if unrelated to what was changed. If you run into issues, you should remove these mods from the game and wait for an update to the new version. You can also try verifying the integrity of the game files. For more information regarding what’s changed, check out the official blog post.
Payday 2 and update 209 are available on PC through Steam. The title is also available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.