Persona 5 Royal will be released in Europe, Canada, and the US on March 31, 2020, Atlus revealed today.
The PlayStation 4 exclusive is already available to pre-order on Amazon and comes in two flavors. Players will be able to select either the “basic” steel edition or The Phantom Thieves Edition.
The latter will include a Joker mask with stand, a steel bookcase, the game’s soundtrack, a collector’s box, an art book, and a dynamic PS4 theme.
The gaming giant also published new sales numbers for the game today, showcasing how the Japanese role-playing title has sold over 3.2 million copies so far.
In case you have not been following the news, Royal is an extended version of the game with several new elements.
Down below are some of the most relevant we have picked for you, but you can check the full list here.
- Three new characters/confidants
- A new grappling hook mechanic for stealthy access to new areas
- The school’s third terms events, which don’t appear in the original game
- Seasons, weather and important events are now displayed in the UI
- Morgana will not prompt the protagonist to go to sleep every night, allowing for more night activities
- A new location: Kichijoji
- The protagonist can now bring Caroline and Justine around the city aside from the Confidant events
- The Phantom Thieves can now take and share selfies
- New enemies and attacks
- New gallery options
Have you played the original Persona 5? And are you going to buy the Royal edition? Let us know in the comment section down below.