Bidoof is the most common Water-type Pokemon introduced in the original Diamond and Pearl. You can easily encounter Bidoof from Route 201 to Lake Verity and Great Marsh. Meanwhile, in the Pokemon Hideaway area, you can find it at Fountainspring Cave, Riverbank Cave, Grassland Cave, Spacious Cave, Still-water Cavern, and Sunlit Cavern. Here’s how you can evolve Bidoof into Bibarel in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl: Bidoof Evolution
To evolve Bidoof into Bibarel in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, all you need to do is to level it up to level 15. You can also catch Bibarel all over Route 208, 209, 210, Lake Valor, Lake Acuity, Great Marsh, and Sendoff Spring. While not competitively relevant, Bibarel is well-known in the Pokemon community as the “HM Slave” — as in, people only kept this Pokemon around when they need to explore Sinnoh, since aside from Fly and Flash, it can learn all available road-clearing HMs. Read on below for more details about Bibarel.
Bibarel Stats and Moves
Stats (at Level 50):
- HP: 139 – 186 range
- Attack: 81 – 150 range
- Defense: 58 – 123 range
- Special Attack: 54 – 117 range
- Special Defense: 58 – 123 range
- Speed: 68 – 135 range
- Simple: Doubles the effectiveness of stat increasing/decreasing moves, items, or Abilities.
- Unaware: When attacked, disregards enemy’s accuracy, Attack, and Special Attack stats. When attacking, ignores enemy’s accuracy, Defense, and Special Defense stats.
- Hidden Ability: Moody. At the end of each turn, raises and decreases two random stats.
Strength and Weakness:
|Takes 2x Damage||Takes 1/2x Damage||Immune|
Learned Moves by Level:
- Base Level/When Evolving: Water Gun – Water, Special Attack
- Base Level: Tackle – Normal, Physical Attack
- Base Level: Aqua Jet – Water, Physical Attack
- Base Level: Growl – Normal, Status Effect
- Level 5: Defense Curl – Normal, Status Effect
- Level 9: Rollout – Rock, Physical Attack
- Level 13: Headbutt – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 18: Taunt – Normal, Status Effect
- Level 23: Yawn – Normal, Status Effect
- Level 28: Crunch – Dark, Physical Attack
- Level 33: Take Down – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 38: Super Fang – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 43: Swords Dance – Normal, Status Effect
- Level 48: Amnesia – Psychic, Status Effect
- Level 53: Superpower – Fighting, Physical Attack
- Level 58: Curse – Ghost, Status Effect
Both Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl are available now on the Nintendo Switch.