Throughout 2020, Niantic has provided Pokemon Go players with a variety of tasks to stay busy. Before 2020, Niantic had run multiple limited research and special tasks, however, over the last year the number of tasks has greatly increased; this increase is probably due to trainers having more free time or easier access to their phones. Although these tasks are free, an engaged player base is more likely to spend money on the game. Over the last three months, I have probably spent at least $50 on raid passes for Mega or Legendary raids. Today, the Pokemon Go Animation Week research event went live, so that number may just go up.
On October 26, Niantic announced that the Pokemon Go Animation Week would start on November 6th; this event is to celebrate Pokémon Journeys: The Series. The event focuses on Pokemon seen during the 23rd season. These Pokemon also have strong ties to the series’ two main characters Ash and Goh. The Pokemon Go Animation Week event will run from November 6 to November 12, 2020. Below are the key features of the event as well as the Pokemon GO Animation Week research task requirements for each stage’s rewards.
Pokemon Go Key Features
- World Cap Pikachu will be appearing in the wild. Some lucky Trainers may even encounter a Shiny one!
- From Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Lugia will be returning to five-star raids—this time with the attack Aeroblast!
- Pokémon like Ivysaur, Pinsir, Snorlax, Golurk, and others will be appearing in raids.
- You can look forward to encountering the following Pokémon more frequently in the wild: Bulbasaur, Exeggcute, Cubone, Scyther, Dratini, Cyndaquil, and more! If you’re lucky, you may even encounter a Shiny Cubone!
- Pichu, Mantyke, Riolu, and Cubone will be hatching from 7 km Eggs. Lucky Trainers may even hatch a Shiny Cubone!
- Take on new Timed Research inspired by multiple episodes of the ongoing series Pokémon Journeys: The Series!
- Goh might appear in GO Snapshot! Be sure to take a snapshot during the event!
- Goh-inspired avatar items will be available! Check out the Style Shop to get yours for free.
- Catch 5 Pokémon: 3 Razz Berries
- Transfer a Pokémon: 3 Super Potions
- Make 3 Nice Throws: 5 PokéBalls
Rewards: World Cap Pikachu, 500 Stardust, 500 XP
- Battle another Trainer: 3 Hyper Potions
- Battle in a Raid: 3 Revives
- Win a Raid: 1 Incense
Rewards: 1 Sinnoh Stone, 500 Stardust, 500 XP
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts: 20 Mega Venusaur Energy
- Catch 2 Pokémon with Weather Boost: 20 Mega Venusaur Energy
- Catch 3 Grass-type Pokémon: 20 Mega Venusaur Energy
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, Ivysaur
- Give your Buddy 3 treats: 3 Razz Berries
- Earn a heart with your Buddy: 5 Pinap Berries
- Earn a Candy walking with your Buddy: 5 Nanab Berries
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, Snorlax
- Catch 3 Bug-type Pokémon: 3 Pinap Berries
- Use 3 Berries to help catch Pokémon: 3 Great Balls
- Make an Excellent Throw: Venonat
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, Scyther (Shiny Chance)
- Battle in a Gym 2 Times: 1 Fast TM
- Win a Gym Battle: Hariyama
- Battle another Trainer: 3 Super Potions
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, 1 Charged TM
- Hatch an Egg: Tentacool (Shiny Chance)
- Spin 3 PokéStops or Gyms: Croagunk (Shiny Chance)
- Spin 3 PokéStops or Gyms: Piplup (Shiny Chance)
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, Psyduck (Guaranteed Shiny!)
- Make 3 Nice Throws in a Row: Cyndaquil (Shiny Chance)
- Catch a Flying-type Pokémon: Hoothoot (Shiny Chance)
- Purify a Shadow Pokémon: 1 Lucky Egg
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, Fearow (Shiny Chance)
- Evolve 3 Pokémon: 1 Silver Pinap
- Power Up Pokémon 3 Times: Dratini (Shiny Chance)
- Transfer 5 Pokémon: Dewgong
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, 1 Dragon Scale
- Catch 5 Pokémon: 10 Ultra Balls
- Make 3 Great Throws: Magnemite (Shiny Chance)
- Battle in a Raid: 3 Max Revives
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, Gengar (Shiny Chance)
- Claim: 1,000 XP
- Gain: 1,000 XP
- Receive: 1,000 XP
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 1,000 XP, World Hat Pikachu (Shiny Chance)
Will you be participating in this Pokemon Go event? Excited to snag some sweet Animation Week rewards? Let me know in the comments below!