In celebration of Spring later this month, Niantic has announced the next five raids coming to Pokemon Go. These raids will take players till mid-April to battle and catch the Forces of Nature trio. Early today, Incarnate forme Landorus left five-star raids while Incarnate forme Tornadus took its place. Trainers can defeat the Tornadus raid easily using electric, ice, or rock-type moves; something that can be done easily by two to four high-level trainers.
- Tornadus is a Flying-Type Pokemon
- It is weak to electric, ice, and rock-type moves.
- Tornadus’s Base HP is 188
- Its Attack is 266 and Defense 164
- The base catch CP is between 1828 – 1911
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2285 – 2389
- It is weather boosted by windy weather
- Tornadus’s fast moves are Air Slash or Bite
- Its charged moves are Hurricane, Hyper Beam, Grass Knot, or Dark Pulse
- Tornadus’s Raid CP is 46044
Going into the Tornadus raid, you will need Pokemon with electric-type moves and high defensive stats. Below is a list of Pokemon to help you take down the Tornadus raid. The first six Pokemon provide you with the best chance to take it down; however, we will provide you with some alternatives in case you are missing any of the options.
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Rhyperior (Shadow) – Smack Down & Rock Wrecker
- Raikou (Shadow) – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Mega Ampharos – Volt Switch & Zap Cannon
- Magnezone (Shadow) – Spark & Wild Charge
- Zapdos (Shadow) – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
Some key alternative Pokemon are:
- Shadow Tyranitar – Smack Down & Stone Edge
- Shadow Electrivire – Thundershock & Wild Charge
- Mewtwo (Shadow)- Psycho Cute & Thunderbolt
- Shadow Mamoswine – Powder Snow & Avalanche
- Mega Abomasnow – Powder Snow & Weather Ball
- Galarian Darmanitan – Ice Fang & Avalanche
Additional Pokemon Go Guides
- Mega Ampharos Guide
- Make-Up Kanto Tour Details
If this guide helped you in taking down Tornadus in Pokemon Go, be sure to let us know in the comments below. As well, share it around so it can help others.