Today, the legendary beast Suicune returns to Pokemon Go. Pokemon Go trainers still have until 10 AM PST on February 9 to battle the legendary electric beast Raikou. If you still need a shiny Raikou, you better start raiding. If you need help overcoming the Raikou raid, check out our guide on how to take down the electric Pokemon (linked below). Starting at 10 AM PST, US trainers will have the opportunity to battle the Legendary Pokemon Suicune. Suicune is the cover Pokemon from Pokemon Crystal and is often considered the superior of the legendary beasts.
The Suicune raid is considered no easy task. Unlike Entei and Raikou, Suicune requires a minimum of 3 to 5 trainers to complete the raid. The reason this raid is considered more difficult is due to the beast’s stats. Suicune is not weak to ground moves like Entei and Raikou. Instead, Suicune is weak to grass and electric moves. So trainers who have luckily caught a Raikou this last week are in luck; their recently acquired Pokemon will help them take down the Suicune raid. Before heading into the Suicune Raid, here are a few things you need to know.
- Suicune is a Water-type Pokemon
- It is weak to Grass and Electric-type moves
- It’s Hp and Defense are over 220. Specifically HP 225, ATK 180, and Def 235
- The base catch CP is between 1627 and 1704
- The boosted CP is between 2033 and 2130
- The raid is boosted by rainy weather
- Suicune’s fast moves are Extrasensory, Snarl, and Ice Fang
- Its charge moves are Hydro Pump, Bubble Beam, Water Pulse, and Ice Beam
Knowing that Suicune is weak to Grass and Electric-type moves, we have compiled a list of Pokemon to help take down the Suicune Raid. Just in case you do not have all the legendaries, we have some alternatives for you.
- Zekrim – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Mega Venasaur – Vine Whip & Frenzy Plant
- Raikou – Volt Switch & Wild Charge
- Electrivire – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Magnezone – Spark & Wild Charge
- Roserade – Razor Leaf & Grass Knot
Additional Pokemon Go Guides
- Pokemon GO Guide – How to Defeat Mega Ampharos
- Johto Celebration Rewards
- Pokemon GO Guide – How to Defeat the Raikou Raid
Some alternate Pokemon to help you take down the raid are:
Electric Types: Mega Amparos, Zapdos, Shadow Mewtwo, Aloan Golem, Melmetal, and Shadow Electrabuzz.
Grass Types: Chesnaught, Meganium, Sceptile, Leafeon, Virizion, and Shadow Exeggutor.
If this guide helped you at all to defeat Suicune, let us know in the comments below. As well, share it around so it can help others!