After a long wait and a few teases, Niantic has finally confirmed via Twitter that generation 4 Pokemon will be catchable soon in Pokemon Go. The announcement featured a short teaser trailer showing hints the Sinnoh starters; Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup. Additionally, what seems to be the legendary Pokemon Dialga can be seen at the end of the trailer. The teaser can be viewed below.
This isn’t the first time generation 4 has been teased for Pokemon Go. Back in July for the celebration of Pokemon Go’s 2-year anniversary, they released an image celebrating the festivities. In the image, the Sinnoh starters can be seen amidst Pokemon from the previous generations.
There is no timetable on when the Pokemon originally found in the Sinnoh region will join Pokemon Go. Previous generations had scattered releases, so fans should expect to not have the entirety of generation 4 available to them on day one.
Additionally, Nianitic used this exciting news to announce a few big changes coming to Pokemon Go. They range from reworking their weather system, to changing the CP of already existing Pokemon. A full list of the changes provided by Niantic can be viewed below.
- Moving forward, the weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
Pokemon Go has been on a roll with new announcements and changes. Meltan, a previously unheard of Pokemon made its way into Pokemon Go. With Pokemon: Let’s Go! Pikachu and Eevee right around the corner, there’s no telling what Niantic may have up their sleeves.