Arlo is a Team GO Rocket Leader in Pokémon GO, characterized by his goggle-shaped glasses and a slick, red-black hairstyle. Trainers can confront this Rocket Leader by defeating Grunts found throughout the AR world. Once defeated, Grunts will drop Mysterious Components, and collecting six of these items will produce a Rocket Radar. Accordingly, Trainers can use this radar to track down where a Team GO Rocket Leader might be found. If players encounter Leader Arlo and face him in battle during the month of August 2022, it is crucial to know to counter his team of Pokémon in order to defeat him in Pokémon GO.
How To Counter Pokémon GO Arlo In August 2022
To counter Arlo in Pokémon GO during August 2022, Trainers must know the possible Pokémon that this Team GO Rocket Leader can deploy. The first Pokémon will always be Charmander, and the second has a chance to be Salamence, Mawile, or Charizard. Finally, the third can be Scizor, Steelix, or Gardevoir.
Now that Trainers know which Shadow Pokémon they might be facing with Arlo, the next step is understanding each monster’s element and weakness in Pokémon GO.
- 1st Pokémon: Charmander: Type – Fire | Weaknesses – Ground, Rock, and Water
- 2nd Pokémon (1): Salamence: Type – Dragon and Flying | Weaknesses – Ice, Rock, Dragon, and Fairy
- 2nd Pokémon (2): Mawile: Type – Steel and Fairy | Weaknesses – Ground and Fire
- 2nd Pokémon (3): Charizard: Type – Fire and Flying | Weaknesses – Rock, Water, and Electric
- 3rd Pokémon (1): Scizor: Type – Bug and Steel | Weaknesses – Fire
- 3rd Pokémon (2): Steelix: Type – Steel and Ground | Weaknesses – Fighting, Ground, Fire, and Water
- 3rd Pokémon (3): Gardevoir: Type – Psychic and Fairy | Weaknesses – Poison, Ghost, and Steel
With the listed weaknesses above in mind, Trainers can counter Arlo in Pokémon GO during August 2022 by using the following pocket monsters:
- Entei: Type – Fire | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Fire Fang, Charged Move: Overheat
- Mamoswine: Type – Ice and Ground | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Powder Snow, Charged Move: Avalanche
- Chandelure: Type – Fire and Ghost | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Hex, Charged Move: Shadowball
First, Entei is an excellent choice to battle the majority of Arlo’s Pokémon except for Gardevoir, a Psychic and Fairy-type Pokémon that can be countered by Chandelure. Mamoswine can make quick work of Salamence, thanks to its weakness to ice. If Trainers do not have Entei, they can always replace it with another powerful Fire-type monster, such as Darmanitan, Blaziken, or Charizard.
Pokemon GO is available on iOS and Android.