Obstagoon, the final evolution of Galarian Zigzagoon, is a dual-type Dark and Normal Pokémon in Pokémon GO. While the normal brown-colored Zigzagoon is only capable of evolving into Linoone, the Galarian form can become Galarian Linoone, which can then further evolve into Obstagoon. As a Dark- and Normal-type Pokémon, Obstagoon is resistant to Dark-, Ghost-, and Psychic-type Moves. On the other hand, this Pokémon’s dual-type attribute makes it weak to Fighting-, Bug-, and Fairy-type abilities in Pokémon GO. Therefore, to counter Obstagoon, Trainers must form a team that can utilize these three elements in Pokémon GO.
How to Counter Obstagoon in Pokémon GO
The best counters for Obstagoon in Pokémon GO are Shadow Hitmonlee, Shadow Machamp, Shadow Hitmonchan, Shadow Alakazam, Shadow Magmortar, and Shadow Machoke. However, Players who do not have these Shadow Pokémon can still use regular unaltered Pokémon with the same countering elements.
Before discussing the optimal Pokémon to battle against Obstagoon, here is a quick list of pocket monsters that players should absolutely avoid using against this Dark and Normal Pokémon: Victini, Gardevoir, Zen Darmanitan, Galarian Rapidash, Mr. Mime, and Galarian Slowking. Naturally, there are more that could be mentioned, but any Pokémon similar to these six will be highly vulnerable to Obstagoon’s dual elements.
Below is a list of the best counters for Obstagoon in Pokémon GO:
- Lucario: Type – Fighting and Steel | obtained by evolving Riolu | Fast Move – Bullet Punch, Charged Move – Aura Sphere
- Machamp: Type – Fighting | obtained by evolving Machoke | Fast Move – Karate Chop, Charged Move – Dynamic Punch
- Machoke: Type – Fighting | obtained by evolving Machop | Fast Move – Karate Chop, Charged Move – Dynamic Punch
- Breloom: Type – Grass and Fighting | obtained by evolving Shroomish | Fast Move – Bullet Seed, Charged Move – Dynamic Punch
- Hariyama: Type – Fighting | obtained by evolving Makuhita | Fast Move – Counter, Charged Move – Dynamic Punch
- Primeape: Type – Fighting | obtained by evolving Mankey | Fast Move – Counter, Charged Move – Cross Chop
- Pinsir: Type – Bug | no evolutions | Fast Move – Bug Bite, Charged Move – Superpower
- Mienshao: Type – Fighting | obtained by evolving Mienfoo | Fast Move – Low Kick, Charged Move – Brick Break
- Ursaring: Type – Normal | obtained by evolving Teddiursa | Fast Move – Counter, Charged Move – Play Rough
- Conkeldurr: Type – Fighting | obtained by evolving Gurdurr | Fast Move – Poison Jab, Charged Move – Dynamic Punch
- Bewear: Type – Normal and Fighting | obtained by evolving Stufful | Fast Move – Tackle, Charged Move – Superpower
Pokémon GO is available on iOS and Android.