Sigilyph is a dual-type Flying and Psychic Pokémon region exclusive to Egypt, Greece, and Israel in Pokémon GO. Similar to Pansage for Asia-Pacific and Pachirisu for nations in the North Arctic, Trainers can only catch Sigilyph if they live or visit Egypt, Greece, and Israel. As a Flying- and Psychic-type Pokémon, Sigilyph is resistant to Fighting-, Grass-, Ground, and Psychic-type Moves. On the other hand, this Pokémon’s dual-type attribute makes it vulnerable to Rock-, Ghost-, Ice-, Electric-, and Dark-type abilities in Pokémon GO. Therefore, to counter Sigilyph, Trainers must form a team that can utilize these five elements in Pokémon GO.
How to Counter Sigilyph in Pokémon GO
The best counters for Sigilyph in Pokémon GO are Mega Gengar, Mega Houndoom, Xurkitree, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Ampharos. Xurkitree is one of the new Ultra Beasts introduced in the recent Pokémon GO Fest in Sapporo, Japan. Nevertheless, Players who do not have these top-tier Pokémon can use regular unaltered Pokémon with the same countering elements.
First, here are the optimal Ghost-type counters for Sigilyph in Pokémon GO:
- Gengar: Type – Ghost and Poison | obtained by evolving Haunter | Fast Move – Lick, Charged Move – Dark Pulse
- Chandelure: Type – Ghost and Fire | obtained by evolving Lampent with a Unova Stone | Fast Move – Hex, Charged Move – Shadow Ball
Next is the best Rock-type counter for Sigilyph in Pokémon GO:
- Rhyperior: Type – Rock and Ground | obtained by evolving Rhydon with a Sinnoh Stone | Fast Move – Smack Down, Charged Move – Rock Wrecker
The recommended Ice-type counters for Sigilyph are:
- Mamoswine: Type – Ice and Ground | obtained by evolving Piloswine with a Sinnoh Stone | Fast Move – Powder Snow, Charged Move – Avalanche
- Galarian Standard Darmanitan: Type – Ice | obtained by evolving Darumaka (Galarian) | Fast Move – Ice Fang, Charged Move – Avalanche
Trainers can use the following Electric-type Pokémon to counter Sigilyph:
- Manectric: Type – Electric | obtained by evolving Electrike | Fast Move – Thunder Fang, Charged Move – Wild Charge
- Electivire: Type – Electric | obtained by evolving Electabuzz with a Sinnoh Stone | Fast Move – Thunder Shock, Charged Move – Wild Charge
Finally, here are the best Dark-type counters for Sigilyph in Pokémon GO:
- Sharpedo: Type – Dark and Water | obtained by evolving Carvanha | Fast Move – Bite, Charged Move – Crunch
- Honchkrow: Type – Dark and Flying | obtained by evolving Murkrow with a Sinnoh Stone | Fast Move – Snarl, Charged Move – Dark Pulse
- Tyranitar: Type – Rock and Dark | obtained by evolving Pupitar | Fast Move – Bite, Charged Move – Crunch
Pokémon GO is available on iOS and Android.