Helioptile is a Normal- and Electric-type Pokémon that serves as a Tier-1 Raid Boss in Pokémon GO. Wielding 3,070 Combat Power, this Kalos Pokémon can be soloed by a low-level Trainer. As a Normal- and Electric-type Pokémon, Helioptile is resistant to Flying-, Steel-, Electric-, and Ghost-type Moves. On the other hand, this Raid Boss’s dual-type elemental attribute makes it vulnerable to Ground- and Fighting-type abilities in Pokémon GO. Therefore, to counter Helioptile, Trainers will need to form a Raid party that can utilize these two elements in Pokémon GO.
How to Counter Helioptile in Pokémon GO
The best counters for Helioptile in Pokémon GO are Shadow Machamp, Shadow Hariyama, Shadow Mamoswine, Shadow Mewtwo, and Pheromosa, an Ultra Beast. However, Trainers who do not have the rare Shadow Pokémon can use regular unaltered Pokémon with the same countering elements, both having the same effectiveness in combat.
Pokémon GO: All July 2022 Spotlight Hours
Below are recommended pocket monsters to counter Helioptile in Pokémon GO, starting with Fighting-type Pokémon:
- Lucario is undoubtedly the best counter choice against Helioptile. An optimal Moveset would be Counter and Aura Sphere. Trainers can acquire Lucario by evolving Riolu with Candy ×50.
- Conkeldurr is another solid choice, with the recommended Moveset being Counter and Dynamic Punch. Trainers can acquire Conkeldurr by evolving Timburr and Gurdurr with Candy ×250.
- Breloom is the third-best counter in a Helioptile Raid, with Counter and Dynamic Punch as its optimal Moveset. Trainers can acquire Breloom by evolving Shroomish with Candy ×50.
- Machamp is another great combatant for Helioptile, with Karate Chop and Close Combat as its best Moveset. Trainers can acquire Machamp by evolving Machop and Machoke with Candy ×150.
- Hitmonlee offers Low Kick and Close Combat, solid Fighting abilities to take on Helioptile. Trainers can acquire Hitmonlee by evolving Tyrogue with Candy ×25.
- Pangoro is the sixth-best Helioptile counter, with Low Kick and Close Combat as its optimal Moveset. Trainers can acquire Pangoro by evolving Pancham with Candy ×50.
Next, here are the best Ground-type counters for Helioptile in Pokémon GO:
- Excadrill‘s Mud-Slap and Drill Run offers excellent, effective DPS against Helioptile in combat. Trainers can acquire Excadrill by evolving Drilbur with Candy ×50.
- Golurk is the second-best Ground counter against Helioptile, with Mud-Slap and Earth Power as its best Moveset. Trainers can acquire Golurk by evolving Golett with Candy ×50.
- Mamoswine is another fantastic counter for Helioptile, with Mud-Slap and Bulldoze as its best Moveset. Trainers can acquire Mamoswine by evolving Swinub and Piloswine with Candy ×150 and a Sinnoh Stone.
Pokémon GO is available on iOS and Android.