Unown are weird, mythical Pokemon that has 28 derivative shapes; they come in 26 Latin alphabet characters, ?, and ! forms. These peculiar creatures once again show up in Pokemon Legends: Arceus and it’s your task as a Researcher to capture them and help Hisuians learn more about their friendly co-inhabitants. To help with this chore, I mean, your duty as a Pokemon Researcher, here are the locations of all 28 Unowns scattered about in the land of Pokemon Legends: Arceus‘s Hisui.
Table of contents:
- Jubilife Village Areas
- Crimson Mirelands Areas
- Cobalt Coastlands Areas
- Coronet Highlands Areas
- Obsidian Fieldlands Areas
- Alabaster Icelands Areas
All Unowns Locations in Pokemon Legends: Arceus
Jubilife Village Areas
- Hint: “A village gateway.”
- Location: As you can expect, Unown H is sticking on the sign at Jubilife Village’s entrance gate.
- Hint: “The left eye atop the village.”
- Location: Enter the Galaxy Hall, go upstairs to the top floor, and exit to the balcony. Look for a Magikarp Statue on the roof and you should find Unown W.
- Hint: “Where things hang to dry at living quarters.”
- Location: Just behind your living quarters, it’s hanging around with towels on the window’s dry rack.
Crimson Mirelands Areas
- Hint: “Within the settlements where time rules.”
- Location: Dialga is the Legendary Pokemon that’s associated with time, and it’s the Diamond version mascot. That means you should head to the Diamond Settlement. Go behind the tent that has Psyducks in front of it and look up, you should find Unown A.
- Hint: “Among stumps and campfire ashes in fields of gold.”
- Location: Simply go to the campfire near the entrance to Crimson Mirelands. Unown D can be seen hanging around on one of the tree stumps.
- Hint: “Where stones pile high amid fogbound ruins.”
- Location: “Fogbound ruins” means Shrouded Ruins. Look up at one of the stone formations near the cliff for Unown K.
- Hint: “A tree felled on sludge.”
- Location: Where else but the Sludge Mound? Go there and you’ll find Unown M on a tree stump just in front of a river.
- Hint: “A withered tree in the sprawling red swamp.”
- Location: Go to the Scarlet Bog and look for a lone small tree in a swamp near Hippowdon spawn point.
Cobalt Coastlands Areas
- Hint: “Turn your eyes up at the volcanic island.”
- Location: Head over to the Molten Arena in Cobalt Coastlands. In the top right corner of the map, look at the Volcano near Alpha Ninetales spawn. You might need a Jett Ball to catch it.
- Hint: “Two horns rising from the sea.”
- Location: Lots of coastal areas in Cobalt Coastlands, obviously. But head to Sands Reach, specifically to the easternmost part of the area. Look for two huge rocks that look like horns coming out of the ocean. Walk over to the one on the right, go behind it, and look up.
- Hint: “Twin trees at the spring by the sea.”
- Location: Go to the Spring Path. Just outside the entrance to Turnback Cave, check your left. It’s on a tree in front of a pillar.
- Hint: “By the grave upon the cape.”
- Location: Go to the grave at the end of Veilstone Cape. Walk past it until Lunker’s Lair pop-up shows up, then look to the right. Unown R is standing on the cliff’s wall.
- Hint: “A timeworn ship on a sandy shore.”
- Location: Go to Deadwood Haunt and check the shipwreck’s mast near the camp.
Coronet Highlands Areas
- Hint: “Look to the ruined pillars of Celestica.”
- Location: Obviously, it’s located in Celestica Ruins in Coronet Highlands. Unown C can be found on top of one of the pillars on the western end.
- Hint: “A stony outcrop over pools of mud on a mighty mountain.”
- In the Coronet Highlands, head to the Ancient Quarry and look for the Alpha Goodra. It is near the brown circles on the map. Look up to the rocks behind the Pokémon.
- Hint: “A nook within a quarry.”
- Location: Go inside the Ancient Quarry. While looking to the right side wall, walk until you reach the middle of the hallway until you spot the Unown up high.
- Hint: “An impasse in a cave adorned by twin falls.”
- Location: Go inside the Wayward Cave then follow the left > right > right > left > left path. Break the rock and behind it, you will find Unown L.
- Hint: “Among flowers at the spring where fairies dwell.”
- Location: Fairies are often featured in fables. That means head to the Fabled Spring. Cross the river and check the flower field that has a Bugwort next to it.
Obsidian Fieldlands Areas
- Hint: “A lone tree in a pond in the grove.”
- Location: The key here is the grove. Go to the Grueling Grove in Obsidian Fieldlands. Look for a small tree and the Unown should be found on top of the branches. Usually, an Alpha Heracross likes to wander around the area.
- Hint: “Atop a waterfall of obsidian.”
- Location: Well obviously it’s got to be somewhere in Obsidian Falls, right? Just climb on top of the waterfall and you should see Unown G nestled in the rocks.
- Hint: “The lake island where emotion resides.”
- Location: Mesprit, the Being of Emotion, resides in Lake Verity. Go there and look behind the cave.
- Hint: “Where stick and log dam the river.”
- Location: Stick, log, and dam. Of course, those darn beavers. Go to Tidewater Dam and check the dam next to the Alpha Bibarel to find the Unown.
- Hint: “Scale the grandtree.”
- Location: Head to the Grandtree Arena, the place where you fought Kleavor. Head to the back of the tree and climb it until you reach the first tree branch. You should find Unown X there.
Alabaster Icelands Areas
- Hint: “Three pillars in a world of ice.”
- Location: Time to visit the winter wonderland. First, head to the Avalanche Slopes and find a hole in the ground. Jump inside to the Ice Column Chamber and just go straight. The Unown is hiding behind the last pillar at the end of the chamber.
- Hint: “Gaze down from atop the greatest glacial legacy.”
- Location: Head over to the Avalugg’s Legacy and fly over the ice pillars. You should see an Unown on top of the smaller ones around the center.
- Hint: “The unusual stone staring out across the snowfields.”
- Location: Fly to the statue on top of Heart’s Crag’s lake waterfall and check behind it.
- Hint: “Scale the frozen falls.”
- Location: Go to the frozen waterfall in Icebound Falls. You should find the Unown in the middle of the waterfall.
- Hint: “A dead tree by the hot spring.”
- Location: As you can guess, head to Snowfall Hot Spring and then just look for a dead tree in the area. Unown ! is on a dead tree near the fruit tree.
And that’s it. You’ve found all Unown locations in Pokemon Legends: Arceus. If you need a video walkthrough, YouTuber Gamer Guru has made a straightforward, alphabetical guide on all Unown locations in Pokemon Legends: Arceus, which you can watch below. Just read the video description and click on the timestamps to skip to which Unowns you need to catch.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus is now available on the Nintendo Switch.