The last real-world area in Psychonauts 2 is Green Needle Gulch, the birthplace of the group that would go on to form the titular organization. This area is also home to big plot points and revelations, but don’t let that get in the way of some collecting. Whether it be before or after the story ends, this will help to get every possible collectible in Green Needle Gulch, getting you one step closer to that 100% completion. This guide will show you all of the Green Needle Gulch Collectibles Locations in Psychonauts 2.
Green Needle Gulch Collectibles Locations
There are four types of collectibles that can be found across Green Needle Gulch that are tracked on the area’s map as well as some Scavenger Hunt items. In Psychonauts 2, these collectibles include PSI Challenge Cards, Supply Chest Keys, Supply Chest, PSI Challenge Markers. Below is a full breakdown of all of the locations for each collectible, divided into each specific item.
All PSI Challenge Card Locations
PSI Challenge Cards are scattered across the hub worlds of Psychonauts 2. By combining nine of these cards and a PSI Core, you can create a PSI Challenge Marker to level up. These cards are the easiest collectibles to find in Psychonauts 2 and are numerous so you will probably come across a few of them without actively looking. Here is a list of all 27 PSI Challenge Cards in Green Needle Gulch.
- PSI Challenge Card #1: After sliding down from the cliff overlooking the area, you will be able to see a card to the right of the rope in front of you. Swing between the two branches to get it.
- PSI Challenge Card #2:Under the branches that you just swung between, there are floating platforms in the water. Follow them to the end and you find a card.
- PSI Challenge Card #3: Pass the rope that you jumped to the branches from, there are swaying platforms. To the left of the third platform is a vine you can swing on. Swing and follow the path until you find the card on a rope.
- PSI Challenge Card #4: At Nona’s River House, use the ladder to get to the second floor and burn away some vines using Pyrokinesis to get to the balcony. Go to the side of the building facing the waterwheel and jump to the platform with the card on it.
- PSI Challenge Card #5: Can’t miss it, across the bridge from Nona’s River House and the Heptadome.
- PSI Challenge Card #6: Inside the Heptadome to the left of the main entrance.
- PSI Challenge Card #7: Inside the Heptadome to the right of the main entrance.
- PSI Challenge Card #8: Inside the Heptadome, to the right of the Otto-Matic.
- PSI Challenge Card #9: Go to the right of the Heptadome towards the Psychoisolation Chamber and go to the right of the path to find it near a tree.
- PSI Challenge Card #10: On the same path as before, head to the left of it. The card is on top of a slight hill.
- PSI Challenge Card #11: To the left of Card #9 is a rock that can be jumped on. Climb that series of rocks to find the card.
- PSI Challenge Card #12: In front of Card #10 is a rope net. Climb it to get a card.
- PSI Challenge Card #13: From the previous card, float down onto the roof below you in Compton’s Menagerie and run across the tree trunk. From there jump to the platform to the left and onto the rock to get the card.
- PSI Challenge Card #14: In Compton’s Menagerie there is a card under the archway at the entrance of the area.
- PSI Challenge Card #15: On top of the stable in Compton’s Menagerie.
- PSI Challenge Card #16: There is a vine tower behind the Psychoisolation Chamber that leads up to Bob’s Greenhouse. At the bottom of the spiral is a card.
- PSI Challenge Card #17: Follow the vine up from Card #16 and you will see the card.
- PSI Challenge Card #18: Partway up the spiral, there is a bush bounce pad that will send you to a secret area that has the card.
- PSI Challenge Card #19: At the top of the tower and outside Bob’s Greenhouse, the card is resting on a leaf.
- PSI Challenge Card #20: Head back to the Heptadome and go towards Cassie’s Hives. There is a card to the left of the Feel Mobile.
- PSI Challenge Card #21: Behind the previous card is a pole to climb up. Across the rope at the top is a card.
- PSI Challenge Card #22: From the platform you climbed to, you can Levitate to Ford’s Office. Climb the vines inside the building to get to the roof.
- PSI Challenge Card #23: On the roof of Ford’s Office, you will need to get the Thought Tuner from Otto’s Lab and use it to find the Thought Bubbles. Once they are revealed, use the Thought Connection Ability to get up to a platform and float down to the card.
- PSI Challenge Card #24: To the right of the first Bee Smoker, can’t miss it.
- PSI Challenge Card #25: To the left of the Smoker and through the bushes. It is behind a large tree. Very missable.
- PSI Challenge Card #26: Go past all the beehives. Right after the bounce pad but before the vines. Jump onto the roof to the left. Follow the path to find the card.
- PSI Challenge Card #27: Inside of Cassie’s Hive. Go to the very top of the building and turn around from the door. Jump to the card and grab it.
All PSI Challenge Marker Locations
The PSI Challenge Markers are a type of collectible that can be found in the Psychonauts 2 physical world and will reward you with a free level up. They look like the PSI Cores, a big eye, with a number of PSI Cards flying around them. Here are the locations for the four PSI Challenge Markers in Green Needle Gulch.
- PSI Challenge Marker #1: Just outside Nona’s River House, there is a log that is inaccessible to the player. You will need to get the Thought Tuner from Otto’s Lab and use it to find the Thought Bubbles. Once they are revealed, use the Thought Connection Ability to get up to the log and the Marker.
- PSI Challenge Marker #2: To the right of the Heptadome is a Psychoisolation Chamber. Go to it and flip the switches in a counterclockwise order starting at the switch closest to the door. Inside the chamber is the Marker.
- PSI Challenge Marker #3: To the Left of Heptadome towards Cassie’s Hives, there is an outhouse. Use Projection to get the door open and get the Marker.
- PSI Challenge Marker #4: On the roof of Ford’s Office use the Thought Tuner to summon a few Thoughts. Travel through them to get the last Marker.
Where to Find Supply Chest Keys
These next two collectibles go hand-in-hand with each other. There are a number of Supply Chests found around the physical world that reward you with Psitanium, which is used as currency to buy items and upgrades. To open these chests you need keys. Note that you do not need any specific key to open a chest, if you have a key on you, you will be able to open the chest. Still, it is important that you find all the keys if you plan on getting all the collectibles in the game. Here are the locations for the two Supply Chest Keys in Green Needle Gulch.
- Supply Chest Key #1: Inside Compton’s Menagerie, there is a beaver that you can use Clairvoyance on to reveal a hidden location. The reward for finding the location is a Supply Chest Key.
- Supply Chest Key #2: Found in the same area that PSI Card #18 is found.
Supply Chest Locations
All the flavor text you need for the Supply Chests can be found in the section above. Now, for the important part, the locations! Here are the locations for the two Supply Chests in Green Needle Gulch.
- Supply Chest #1: In Compton’s Menagerie, head up the slope to the right of the entrance. At the top is the chest.
- Supply Chest #2: Inside of Cassie’s Hive. Go to the very top of the building and use Projection to open the door.
The Scavenger Hunt Collectibles in Green Needle Gulch
Early in the game, Norma will give you a task to collect some Scavenger Hunt Collectibles. While 16 items are found across the hub areas, there are a few in Green Needle Gulch. Here are the locations of the four Scavenger Hunt items in Green Needle Gulch. If you want a full guide on all the Scavenger Hunt items, it is linked here.
- Mini Murder Bug Bot: On the balcony of Nona’s River House.
- Viking Helmet: Go to the location where you find PSI card #20. Follow the path past the card to find the helmet behind the Feel Mobile.
- Signed Copy of “Mindswarm”: After completing Cassie’s Collection Mission, head over to Compton’s Menagerie and talk to Cassie. She will give you the item.
- Beehive Shaped Like My Phone: Get to the door of Cassie’s Hive. Walk to the right of it and through the honey to find the item.
With all of that done, you will have all of the Green Needle Gulch Collectibles in Psychonauts 2. Psychonauts 2 is now available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PC.