Rainbow Six Siege has today launched its Y6S4 update, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. Today’s patch is highlighted by two major changes in both the new character Thorn and the rework to Outback. The newest operator can throw mines of sorts and cause serious damage to attackers wishing to push a site. Meanwhile, Outback takes the form of a more minor rework than we’ve seen with other maps. With that being said, having these reworks is more than welcome since Outback could use a few tweaks. There’s plenty more in store though, so let’s not waste more time. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Rainbow Six Siege in its Y6S4 update.
Rainbow Six Siege Y6S4 Update Patch Notes
- Primary Weapon: UZK50Gi / M870
- Secondary Weapon: 1911 TACOPS / C75 Auto
- Gadget: Deployable Shield / Barbed Wire
- Health & Speed: 2 / 2
- Unique Ability: Razorbloom Shell
Map Rework: Outback
Outback has received a variety of updates to improve balancing and player comfort. Both the main building and its exterior have been modified to allow Attackers to create and execute more effective strategies. As well, new exterior soft walls have been added to the building, and some areas have been refurbished and cleaned up to remove junk and provide better lines of sight and balance.
A few new locations have been added to the map:
- 1F Convenience Store, 1F Compressor Room, 1F Gear Store, and 1F Beer Fridge have been combined into 1F Bike Repair and 1F Mechanic Shop.
- 2F Office Supply is larger and has an exterior soft wall.
- 1F Restaurant has been split into two rooms: 1F Restaurant and 1F Shark.
- 2F Covered Terrace is now an interior area that connects 2F Mezzanine and 2F Piano Room. The 2F Piano Room stairs have been removed.
Bomb sites have been moved:
- The bombsites that were previously in 2F Dorms and 2F Laundry have been moved to 2F Laundry and 2F Piano Room.
- The Test Server will now only be open at three separate times throughout the season and content will be split into three different releases.
- Season Release: Contains only content that will ship for the season.
- Lab Release: Contains experimental content and will be used by the team as an opportunity to collect feedback on features that are still in early production.
- Balancing Release: Contains Operator and other balancing changes.
R6 Fix 2.0
- R6 Fix has received a variety of extensive updates. The website’s UI and UX design has been completely overhauled, and the function of various features, such as the search feature, has been brought up to date. In addition, a new notification system now allows users to track updates to reports, and to provide even more transparency, devs now have the ability to communicate directly with users.
Since the game’s release, Rainbow Six Siege has always used two colors to represent teams: blue and orange. The default team colors have now changed to blue and red, with opponents always being red. This change is mainly reflected in the UI and round feedback. It aims to bring consistency to the UI and improve onboarding for newcomers. The team colors can be changed between blue, red, or orange in the Accessibility section of the Options menu.
To go along with this change, teams are now referred to in-game as Your Team and Opponents instead of Blue Team and Orange Team.
- Players can customize their Operator’s unique abilities in the Loadout section.
- Players can navigate to any Operator in the Operators section and select the Appearance tab to view Headgear, Uniforms, Victory Celebrations, Operator Portraits, and Card Backgrounds.
- Players can customize their Operator Cards by mixing and matching Operator Portraits and Card Backgrounds. Their selections will be seen by teammates before everyone loads into the match and in various places in-game. They will also be seen by opponents they eliminate.
- UX and UI changes have been made to various customization menus to improve player comfort.
3D Weapon Skins
- Players can now acquire Exotic weapon skins during their Battle Pass progression. These new weapon skins have a unique 3D effect.
Operators Price Decrease
As with every season, High Calibre brings a price decrease for specific Operators. Nomad and Kaid are dropping to 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits, Kali and Wamai are changing to 15,000 Renown or 360 R6 Credits, and Aruni will now cost 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits. Take this opportunity to add them to your roster and maybe you’ll find your new main!
- Defenders now have access to a drone counter in the HUD to help them keep track of the number of regular drones they’ve destroyed. This feature can be turned off in the HUD section of the Options menu.
- Visuals for the HUD have been updated to be more in-line with the game’s art direction.
- Compass now displays pings and other marker locations, as well as feedback for height differences.
- Loadout (weapons, gadgets and unique abilities) was regrouped together to follow more consistent display rules.
- Text action reminders (ex: Press [SPACE] to Vault) have been replaced with icons to take up less space.
- A new Privacy section in the Options menu allows players to adjust settings related to in-game privacy.
- She can now use the Adrenal Surge to revive herself, which is more consistent with other devices in-game, like Doc’s Stim Pistol.
- Her recoil boost has been removed.
- The Adrenal Surge cooldown has been increased to 20 seconds (was 10 seconds).
Echo + Mozzie
- Increased drones’ time outside the building to 10 seconds (was 3 seconds).
Bulletproof Camera Rework
- Defenders can now rotate the Bulletproof Camera and use it to fire EMP bursts that disable opponent devices. EMP bursts cannot be fired by Attackers when the camera is hacked.
Cameras Lose Signal
- When placed outdoors, Valkyrie’s Black Eye, Maestro’s Evil Eye, and the Bulletproof Camera will now lose signal after 10 seconds. The player must pick up and redeploy the cameras elsewhere to regain signal.
- The increase to ADS speed provided by the Angled Grip is now 20% less than it was before.
Gamepad Recoil Comfort
- Reduced lateral recoil on:
- Jager – 416-C
- Ash – RC4
- Vigil – K1A
- Zofia – M762
- Ace – AK-12
- Warden, Dokkaebi, Vigil – SMG-12
- Mozzie, Aruni – P-10 Roni
- Alibi – Mx-4 Storm
There’s a handful of other tweaks and bug fixes that have been made, which if you’d like to see, you can find on the official website. Rainbow Six Siege alongside the Y6S4 update are available on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms.