“RefRain -prism memories- is an empowering, cyberpunk, bullet-hell shoot-’em-up.”
Publisher Degica and developer RebRank have announced that the cyberpunk, shoot-’em-up, RefRain -prism memories-, is now available on Steam. The game is a bullet-hell style, shoot-’em-up with a focus on fast-paced, offensive gameplay. RefRain’s style is heavily digital, and very much matches its cyberpunk descriptions. The gameplay lets you cycle through 3 different attack modes, and “delete” the opposition with your superior firepower.
- Three different ships with unique attacks: the balanced Must Viper, the close-range Blitz Lester, and the sniping Bronx Terror
- Damage enemies to charge your M.E.F.A2 gauge and unleash devastating special attacks
- Tactically use your Concept Reactor to turn harmful projectiles into prisms that you can shoot to increase your M.E.F.A2 gauge faster, then repeat the cycle with deadly efficiency
- Expertly designed enemies and bullet patterns challenge you but reward skillful and aggressive play
- Beautiful high-resolution character art
- High-octane electronica soundtrack that will quicken your pulse
So far RefRain has positive reviews on Steam after its release. If you are a fan of bullet-hell style games, then this looks like it would probably be right up your alley. It is currently available with a 20% discount, so now would be an excellent time to pick it up if you are interested. For more info you can check RefRain’s Steam page. This game looks like a lot of fun, and we will be keeping an eye on it. For more news on all your favorite Steam games and many other exciting topics, be sure to check out the rest of The Nerd Stash.