Only a year after the incredible Resident Evil 2 Remake, we are now getting a remake of the renowned Resident Evil 3.
Just like its predecessor, Resident Evil 3 Remake is not just the same game but prettier. Areas are redesigned, story moments happen at different points in the plot, and there are changes to the gameplay. In many ways, these choices enhance the game, making it feel more modern and tense. But don’t fret – this is still the game you fell in love with.
Or at least some believe. Critics seem split. Some praise the game’s tense atmosphere, excellent gameplay, and frightening Nemesis. Others label it as inferior to Resident Evil 2 Remake, lacking in what made that game great. At the end of the day, people agree it’s fun but disagree if it’s worth the $60 price of admission. Well, here are all the reviews so you can find out for yourself!
- IGN – 9/10
- Game Informer – 9/10
- Techradar – 4.5/5
- Video Games Chronicle – 4/5
- Destructoid – 8/10
- PCGamesN – 7/10
- USGamer – 3.5/5
- Gamespot – 6/10
- VG247 – 3/5
- PC Gamer – 58/100
- Polygon – “Like last year’s game, Resident Evil 3 is a great example of what a video game remake should be. It’s just that the source material is a little less impressive this time around — and so is the end result.”
- Eurogamer – “The Resident Evil 3 remake, like the original upon which it is based, is inferior to its predecessor.”
- Kotaku – “For good and ill, it takes last year’s Resident Evil 2 remake and hones it into something meaner and more intense. Embracing that chaos leads to an intense and confidently executed Resident Evil experience.”
- The Verge – ” “It feels more like an expansion to 2 than an entirely new game.”
- Ars Technica – “What we are left with is a game that concludes at the 6.5-hour mark with little incentive to retread.”
And those are all the reviews in for Resident Evil 3 Remake so far. Reviewers seemed split. Could some of this be due to the fact that we are in the midst of a global pandemic ourselves? After all, it is brought up in many of the reviews. But, in terms of gameplay, Resident Evil 3 Remake seems solid, but it appears to be lacking in plot and pacing. Ultimately, you will just have to pick it up for yourself and find out.
Are you excited about Resident Evil 3 Remake? Were you a fan of Resident Evil 2 Remake? Do you like the direction the series is heading? Let us know in the comments below!
In the meantime, stay safe and healthy. Wash your hands, practice social distancing, and, most importantly, game-like hell!