As a special treat to its dedicated fans, Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have unveiled the Collector’s Edition for their upcoming timed Xbox-exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider, which features more than a few exclusive items including an intricately designed 12″ Lara Croft statue. The bundle is available exclusively via the Square Enix Store and the Official Tomb Raider store, and is currently only confirmed for the Xbox One edition, currently priced at around $150.
Asking someone to pay $150 for a game needs to be backed up with some serious swag in the box. Crystal Dynamics may have achieved that for Tomb Raider fans. The Rise of the Tomb Raider Collectors Edition includes the following items:
- A physical copy of the game in a standard Xbox One case.
- A 12-inch Lara Croft statue of her “searching for answers on her first Tomb Raiding Expedition.”
- A replica of the leather journal she uses in the game.
- A replica of Lara’s Jade Necklace and pendant that classes as her first archaeological find along with a small bag to keep them in.
- A collectible steel case the retail game box fits inside
- An outer case made to look like a wooden box that everything else in the Collector’s Edition fits inside.
Square Enix has confirmed that the PC version will be available in early 2016. while console exclusivity will last for a year. This means Rise of the Tomb Raider won’t land on PS4 until “Holiday 2016”, as the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions are due for release on November 10, 2015. Stay tuned for details!
I believe that games are an important form of entertainment, and that they can uplift and inspire millions of people around the world. I love JRPGs, and dabble in many other genres, especially MOBAs.