At the start of the month PlayStation Plus gifted us with the surprise hit Rocket League.
I downloaded the game as I do every month and left it in the ‘I’ll play that on a rainy day pile’
It hadn’t even crossed my mind until my brother started going on about how good it was did I decide to boot it up and immediately get hooked, I laughed like a little girl, I shouted at the tv, I scored more own goals than I care to admit, but I had a tremendous amount of fun doing so.
Then the rage quits began, Now I haven’t quit a match yet, even if you lose you still achieve a cheeky 750xp for losing and if you defend the goal and blow up cars the points pile up, so I just enjoyed the tense chase for the glory goal that decided it all.
Now rage quitting in a freeplay match is fine, it just fills the gap with an A.I controlled bot that will score more goals than any player I’ve come across yet, but ranked play, now thats a different matter, it leaves you to try and salvage a match with a player missing making for even more humiliating defeats to the hands of your destroyer.
But not anymore in the new Rocket league patch 1.03 players that now throw all their toys out the pram receive a timely 15 minute ban for being such a spoil sport, the patch will also give PlayStation 4 owners ‘multiple visual optimisation’.
Here are the most important fixes in update 1.03, via developer Psyonix:
- “Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4
- Stat tracking for online games is now properly recorded for its correlating Garage items
- AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
- The first player to abandon a “Ranked’ match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes
- (PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play
- (Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
- Fixed multiple crash scenarios
Today will be your last day to download Rocket League for free as Ps Plus changes on the first Tuesday of the month usually so get your hands on his absolute gem while you still can.
Add me on PSN at FI5H5TICK5_AGAIN and join the wonderful world of football meets micro machines.
Have you downloaded Rocket League yet?
Whats your take on rage quitters?
Leave you thoughts and comments below.
Keep it nerdy people.
A manically depressed – moderately funny 25 year old games enthusiast.
Can often be found walking round Novigrad, or piloting his sparrow across planets moons.