Rust Console Edition has today launched update 1.42 on consoles (I know you’re shocked), so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with today’s patch. The update released today doesn’t bring too much content-wise as with most Rust updates but seems to be bringing a wealth more bug fixes than usual. From fixes to Monuments, to overall World changes, the game should at least feel a bit more stable going into today’s update. You just shouldn’t go in expecting the whole map to be overhauled and a million new things to be at your fingertips. Without further ado, here’s everything new with Rust Console Edition in its 1.42 update.
Rust Console Edition Update 1.42 Patch Notes
- Fixed the Jackhammer so that if it’s broken, it can be refilled at a workbench.
- Players waking up near a buried Small Stash will no longer trigger the audio effect of the stash being raised from the ground.
- Mail Box storage slots increased from 12 to 13.
- Fixed the order of the Lasersight and MP5A4 in Tech Tree level 3.
- Fixed some items not automatically stacking when added to Wooden Boxes.
- Fixed the recycler not giving enough resources when recycling more than one of the same item.
- Fixed blueprint highlight of the Rug turning invisible when viewed from below.
- Changed the F1 Grenade damage types. Grenades now do much more damage to vehicles.
- Updated the appearance of the Simple Handmade Sight weapon attachment.
- Rifles can now be looted from Locked Crates.
- Crates dropped by destroyed helicopters can no longer be used for storing items.
- Crates underneath Oxum’s Gas Station can no longer be used for storing items.
- Improved the loot you can get from Helicopter crates.
- Improved the loot you can get from Supply Drops.
- Improved the loot you can get from Bradley APC crates and increased slots from 6 to 12.
- Increased loot crate slots from 6 to 12.
- Reduced the amount of rifle and shotgun ammunition that can be found in Tool Boxes.
- Increased the amount of Metal Pipes that can be found in Military Crates.
- Fixed rusty barrels turning red when viewed from a distance.
- Code Locked Crates will no longer decay, preventing them from disappearing.
- Fixed texture and LOD issues at the Large Oil Rig, and the Fishing Village.
- Fixed missing collision on a window in one of the buildings at the Harbor.
- Added a second recycler to the Bandit Camp (this will only appear after the next server wipe).
- Increased the size of the tech trash on the ground at the Fishing Village.
- Lowered an engine that was floating off the ground at the Fishing Village.
- Fixed a door at the Fishing Village that couldn’t be opened.
- Animals can no longer enter the Safe Zone and attack players at the Fishing Village
- Code Locks and Key Locks can no longer be placed on turrets at the Fishing Village and the Outpost.
- Fixed texture issues on Pump Jacks.
- Player shadows no longer disappear when standing close to Search Lights.
- Fixed hitboxes of sleeping players.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause part of the Workbench UI to stay on screen after closing it.
- Fixed being unable to swap items from the inventory with items in containers.
- Spamming the ‘Take’ button on a single item no longer resets the action timer.
- Networking changes to improve stability, fix memory leaks, and reduce server connection issues.
- Fixed a crash caused by using a Large Medkit when entering deep water.
Rust Console Edition and the 1.42 update are available on PlayStation and Xbox platforms. For more information regarding this update, check out the official website.