After much anticipation, RWBY: Grimm Eclipse – Definitive Edition is available for purchase on Nintendo Switch as of May 13th, 2021, for $29.99. The new RWBY Nintendo game includes many features fans are sure to enjoy and even comes with three years of content updates.
If you love Rooster Teeth’s hit show RWBY, then this is a game for you!
Watch the launch trailer for this new RWBY Nintendo game below.
Nintendo has made other announcements recently. For example, they released Game Builder Garage. This new game-building software walks players through a user-friendly game development process. They also released the highly-anticipated Subnautica: Below Zero. But fans have been waiting for this new addition to be available on Nintendo Switch for years now.
A Brief History
In 2014, an RWBY fan named Jordan Scott created the game. Rooster Teeth then hired Scott to help fully develop the game quickly. The game has been released periodically through the years through early access on platforms like Steam.
RWBY: Grimm Eclipse – Definitive Edition takes the beloved main characters–Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang–and pits them against the monsters Grimm in “hack-and-slash” multi-player scenes. Players can team up with friends to complete missions in new storylines in Remnant.
The new RWBY Nintendo game has since become available on platforms like PC, macOS, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
RWBY: Grimm Eclipse – Definitive Edition Features
- Players can team up with friends to create powerful attacks as pairs or in groups of four
- Character options allow players to unlock unique character abilities and upgrades for Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, or Team JNPR
- New Volume 7 outfits are available and exclusive Power Armor available for player customization
- Experience an exclusive and fully canon storyline with full voiceover from the cast of the show and an original score from RWBY’s composer
- Defeat “waves of enemies and building defense turrets” in Grimm Gauntlet & Horde Mode
- and much more!
For more press release information for RWBY: Grimm Eclipse – Definitive Edition, follow this link.