Sea of Stars is an RPG that gives a nod to the classics. Acting as a prequel to The Messenger, the title tells the story of the Solstice warriors. Using the powers of the sun and moon, together they must defeat a malevolent threat.
Sea of Stars Features
Using their powers in unison, the central characters in Sea of Stars must fight The Fleshmancer. Here are some notable features of the RPG title:
- Engaging Turn-based Combat – in an effort to stay ahead, Sabotage Studios has put its own definitive spin on the genre. During attacks, the player will take an active role in executing attacks (much like Legend of Dragoon). Unleash devastating multi-character combos, and actively cancel out enemy spell-casting.
- No Random Encounters – in the Sea of Stars RPG there is no need to worry about random enemy attacks. Navigation and combat take place in one environment.
- Traverse the World – no obstacle is too much. Climb, swim, vault, and jump off ledges. Or hoist yourself up to the vantage. All this is added to break the mold of fixed-route tilesets in the retro-RPG genre.
- Prequel to The Messenger – set in the universe of The Messenger, the Sea of Stars RPG comes with dozens of original characters. The game will take on on a journey full of emotion, struggle, and adventure.
- Dynamic Lighting – using custom-made render pipelines, the game presents a breathtaking vision that will make you rethink what a 2D pixelated games can do
- The ‘Sabotage Treatment’ – much of the game pays tribute to the classic retro RPG titles. But it also has reworked elements to curb irritating tasks and removing ‘time sinks‘ altogether.
Are you excited to see what the game adds to the genre? What aspect are you most looking forward to? Let me know in the comments!