The long-awaited Sea of Thieves‘ Pirates of the Caribbean collab update is just around the corner, and pirates around the globe are flooding the game’s servers to sail the seas with anticipation. While there are many fancy pigments to dye one’s beard with, the kind of colored beard no player likes to see is the “BronzeBeard Error” that displays this message on your screen, “Sea of Thieves matchmaking has failed. Please try again later.”
The BronzeBeard Error has been a problem that’s been plaguing Rare’s servers for years, and it’s bound to show up much more often within the coming weeks now that the new update’s almost set sail. Waiting several minutes for your server to load only to be met with the infamous BronzeBeard message may sour your grog. Luckily, the Sea of Thieves official website has an entire page dedicated to cataloging the game’s many beards (common errors) that bother players, including a solution on how to resolve them. Here’s the featured method for Xbox players to fix BronzeBeard:
We were unable to connect you to the game. Please do the following:
- Press the Guide button on your controller
- Highlight Sea of Thieves
- Press the Menu Button (to the right of the Guide Button on your controller)
- Highlight “Quit” and press A
- Re-launch Sea of Thieves from your Pins, Recent or My Games & Apps areas of your console
- Navigate the menu and join a game as usual
As for PC players, a similar course of action to resolve BronzeBeard is by simply restarting your game. If you wanted to be extra thorough, you could also make sure the Sea of Thieves‘ process is wholly closed via the Windows Task Manager. If you happen to run into other pesky issues, be sure to check the previously mentioned “ThingBeard Error” solution guide on the Sea of Thieves website.
Our Other Guides:
- Monster Hunter Rise Guide: Sandy Plains Sub-Camp Locations and Quest
- Fortnite Guide: All CB Radio Locations
- Fortnite Guide: Where to Build and Destroy Sandcastles
Have you experienced any troublesome “beards” on your adventures other than the Sea of Thieves BronzeBeard? Do you have any advice or solutions that have helped you in the past with such issues? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments!