Today, Rare went live with update 2.6.3 to their hit sea-faring game, Sea of Thieves, along with the accompanying patch notes. According to the official Sea Of Thieves patch notes, the latest update added a fresh batch of fixes, events, and Dark Emporium. Apart from this, the Sea of Thieves patch 2.6.3 also includes various gameplay changes and bug fixes. So, without any more introduction, here is the complete patch notes list for the 2.6.3 update to Sea of Thieves.
Sea of Thieves update 2.6.3 patch notes
Season Seven Plunder Pass
- Anyone wishing to take full advantage of Season Seven rewards can still buy the Plunder Pass. Any rewards unlocked will become available upon purchase, so players who have raised their Renown throughout Season Seven can instantly see their hard work rewarded before the Season ends.
- This Season’s Plunder Pass offers early access to the complete Beachcomber’s Bounty ship set and the evolving Baleful Bloom Costume and can be purchased at any time through the Pirate Log, Pirate Emporium, Microsoft Store, or Steam Item Store.
Halloween Emporium Sale
- Fabulous discounts are available on a range of Pirate Emporium items from October 28th to November 1st (10:00 UTC). Pirates will be able to pick up wicked deals under the Halloween tab, including spooky costumes, pets, weapons, and a wide range of emotes.
- To celebrate the sinister season, skeleton pets are also back for a limited time: head to the Emporium and make a killer saving on the Skeleton Pet Bundles!
- Pay tribute to a savage skeletal warrior who personifies the killer instinct!
- Players can perform the Victory Cackle Emote with this costume equipped – the shrill, triumphant laugh that inspired a generation of scrappy skeletons.
Graveyard Gladiator Ship Collection
- Carry your challenge far and wide in a great chariot of the seas. Premium items such as the Collector’s Figurehead and Sails are separate purchases outside the main Ship Bundle.
- Players who only want the core components of this ship set can purchase the Graveyard Gladiator Essential Ship Bundle at a lower cost.
Graveyard Gladiator Costume
- Not just born for battle but reborn for it too, this undead champion will never stop seeking challengers.
Players can perform the Dust to Dust Emote while wearing this costume, giving their adversaries a moment to understand that this will be the place where they fall.
Graveyard Gladiator Weapons
- Four weapons of a seasoned champion, each one a combination of battle tool and trophy.
Graveyard Gladiator Drum
- A battle drum passed down through generations of people who savor the sensation of hitting things.
Evildoer Emote Bundle
- Undertake or at least plan some pantomime villainy with this set of nefarious emotes.
Freebie Juggling Pumpkins Emote
- Beginner level: coconuts. Intermediate level: pumpkins. Advanced level: blunderbombs.
Chosen Champion Bundle (Store Only)
Available only from the Xbox, Microsoft, and Steam Stores, the Chosen Champion Bundle contains the Graveyard Gladiator Costume, Weapon Bundle, and Drum, along with 550 Ancient Coins to spend in the Pirate Emporium and a free bonus of 25,000 gold.
Some traditions transcend time and place, as you can see from the Tricksters and Treaters Event getting ready to go on the last weekend of the month! There’ll also be more Twitch Drops before Season Seven retreats into the mists of history…
The Herald of the Flame’ (October 13th – October 27th)
- With The Devil’s Roar fallen silent, Belle fears a prophecy could be coming true, heralding a dark ritual soon to take place. Her allies set off to scour the region, uncover the truth and face the fallout in this eighth-time-limited Adventure!
- ‘The Herald of the Flame’ Adventure will remain available to play until October 27th. Speak to Larinna with your whole crew present to begin the Adventure.
Seared Forsaken Ashes Equipment and Weapons
- The Outpost equipment and weapon shops now offer the Seared Forsaken Ashes items for purchase with gold.
- The ominous ship cloud in the sky, signifying an encounter with a Skeleton Fleet, has returned to the rotation of world events.
- Players taking on a Skeleton Fort should no longer find that skeleton waves halt, preventing the encounter from progressing.
- Handing Devil’s Roar Cargo Run Crates in on time and in perfect condition will now update the following Commendations correctly: Merchant of Forsaken Silk, Merchant of Forsaken Flora, and Merchant of Forsaken Rum.
Captains of Adventure
- Players who start a solo Captained session should no longer see a notification that the Captain has left.
- Players swapping Trinkets in quick succession will now find the correct Trinkets that remain applied when starting the next game session.
- Players discarding Captain’s Voyages in quick succession will now find the correct Voyages in the Captain’s Bookshelf when starting the next game session.
- Players enabling ‘Replace Gamertag on Ship’s Banners’ will now find this setting persists across sessions.
- Players enabling ‘Replace Ship Names’ will now find all ship names are replaced when browsing owned ships in the Ship’s Log.
- A customized Captain’s Logbook will now retain its customization when dropped on the ground.
- The Ancient Chain ornament no longer moves strangely when the ship is moving.
- When clicking on locked Captaincy items in the Ship Customisation Chest and Flag Box, players will now hear the correct audio effects.
- Filtering by ‘Items I Own’ in any customization shop no longer causes the supply and Voyage shops to appear empty.
- Crews returning to the Sea of Thieves after visiting the Sea of the Damned should no longer see the Ship’s Crest visual effects replay.
- The ‘Info & Tips’ button can now be found when first interacting with the Ship Customisation Chest.
- Players can no longer swim through the wall with the Siren riddle in the Shrine of Tribute.
- Players can no longer jump into the gap in the map and fall underneath that area within the Shrine of Ancient Tears.
- Loot no longer disappears when placed at the Vault’s entrance on Kraken Watchtower.
- Visual and Audio
- The Bleakheart Banshee Eye of Reach scope no longer becomes transparent after reloading and shooting.
- ‘The Seabound Soul’ – On Pendragon’s arrival, he will now appear alongside his sword.
- ‘Heart of Fire’ – On Pendragon’s arrival, he will now appear alongside his sword.
Text and Localisation
- Approaching Sharon, the shipwright at New Golden Sands Outpost now brings up the correct interaction text.
- When navigating UI menus, font artifacts should no longer be left behind on-screen.
- The ship selection screen now correctly displays text in Turkish and German languages.
Performance and Stability
- Improved server stability to reduce scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
- Client stability has also been improved, reducing scenarios where players experience a game crash.
After reading through the patch notes for the Sea of Thieves 2.6.3 update patch, you can find the game available on PC and Xbox One & Series X|S. Outside of the Sea of Thieves update patch notes, head on over to the Sea of Thieves official website to follow future updates. Lastly, you can follow the team at Bungie and learn about any of the other projects they might have in the works on their development website.