Going in, Session managed to acquire a great deal of goodwill from the gaming community due to its obvious love of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater. After releasing in Steam early access, it delivered what was promised. Merely browsing through its Steam reviews shows thousands of nostalgic fans finally being given the skateboarding experience they’ve begged for since Skate 3 back in 2010. On the 19th February, a big content drop and YouTube teaser announced some important things
What was in the Session Content Update:
In this, it promised general quality of life differences such as improved physics, more fluid skater animations, and enhanced responsiveness. This is all done to make each trick feel more lifelike than ever. Furthermore, Session will now have:
- The ability to remotely connect and play against others online via steam remote play.
- A new trick-and-control system making it “easier than ever to pick up and play.”
- Smoother grinds that more easily transition from one to another.
- The original “creā-ture park” with new obstacles and spots representative of the NYC skate scene.
- A brand new radio station with over 30 new songs. This is a key component of why Pro Skater was so great.
- A new level layout feature that allows choices between an exact replica of Brooklyn banks or more customized versions of it.
- General game enhancements
The most exciting news unveiled here is a version of Session coming to Xbox Game Preview in Spring of this year. Creā-ture Studios, the developer of Session, announced a partnership between them and Illogika to co-develop Session for the Xbox One. This is hopeful news, and if all goes well, one could hope to see a version on more consoles in the future
If you like what you read, consider reading these:
My name is James, I’m a 21-year-old aspiring writer and the fact that you’re reading this probably means you want to know more about me(hopefully) I’ve been gaming practically all my life and pretending I know more than I actually do about them for just as long. I love talking about games just as much as I like playing them and some of my favourite games to talk about are Yakuza, Persona and Dark Souls. Feel free to let me bully you about them in the future!