Squad Up in Skater XL
Skater XL is an upcoming skating game featuring inspiration from previous titles such as the original Skate series and Tony Hawk Pro Skater. The next step for skating games starts with a Skater XL multiplayer beta. With there some good news on getting your hands on some early Skate XL gameplay!
With a Skater XL beta, Easy Day Studios have provided veteran skaters with early access to the upcoming game. And with the addition of multiplayer, players can team up as a skating squad seeking out some gnarly fun.
Free Skate Multiplayer is our first step in opening up social modes in the game and features:
- Skate with up to 10 people online – Join a random room or start your own private one and invite your friends to join using a passcode
- Replays – Replay and save your group party lines, with the same replay editor functionality available in single-player mode
Likewise, the Skater XL multiplayer beta can be found on the familiar platform Steam. Giving gamers a chance to try out some neat tricks with their skateboard before the initial release. Here’s how you can start the skating action in the open beta.
To gain access to the beta, follow these steps:
- Right-click ‘Skater XL’ and open Properties
- Select the ‘beta – Open Beta’ branch.
- Steam should start downloading this version of the game. Once it has finished, you will be able to try the update. The game name in your library should now show “Skater XL [beta].”
- If you’d like to switch back to the regular commercial release branch of the game in the future simply come back to this screen and select “NONE – opt-out of all betas” in the dropdown.
All in all, the next step for digital skating is looking promising. With multiplayer already implemented, as well as a variety of locations, tricks, and customization. Skater XL is coming in hot for a successful release.