Sonic Frontiers fans have some exciting news as they have the first three free planned major content updates ahead. These were laid out in its 2023 content roadmap which releases this week. On March 22nd, the Sights, Sounds, and Speed Update will be available to players on all platforms, and this update will be bringing many new features to the game.
What To Expect In Free Sonic Frontiers Update
- Photo Mode – Frame up, edit, and capture your favorite moments in Photo Mode! Capture Sonic in action across a variety of landscapes and create the perfect photo. You can also choose between seven filters to add some flare to your photos.
- Juke Box – Play your favorite tracks while exploring the Starfall Islands, which include tracks from Sonic Frontiers and past Sonic games! You can listen to any of the 53 songs anywhere in the open zones – 13 of which are instantly unlocked and playable as soon as the game is updated. Unlock the remaining 40 songs by collecting Sound Memories across the five islands. Keep an eye out for orange music notes!
- New Challenge Modes – After finishing the campaign, test your skills with new challenge modes
- Cyber Space Challenge Mode – Race through seven Cyber Space Stages back-to-back in this time-attack mode while competing against the clock!
- Battle Rush Mode – Battle through several rounds against increasingly tough enemies, guardians, and Titans in this timed battle mode! Aim for the fastest clear time with your leveled-up Sonic. If you achieve a higher rank, you may get a special surprise
This update will also include some additional changes that will improve your experience while you also explore the Starfall Islands. So here are some more features coming to the Sonic Frontiers game.
- The Power Boost animation can be toggled in the Options menu.
- The Starfall Slot Machine can be toggled in the Options menu.
- Cyber Space levels can be restarted mid-level.
- When upgrading Sonic, multiple Koco can now be exchanged at once with the Elder and Hermit Koco.