Expanding The Universe With Mods!
Award-winning space simulator – Star Traders: Frontiers mods are the road to a more community-filled approach. In recent reports, The Trese Brothers being the developers of the title, have announced that their game will be going gold for mod support. Allowing players to create unique content to satisfy their liking.
Many creators are excited about this announcement, seeing as there are potential game-changers in terms of implementing mods. And overall, mods are what make most games vast, as well as sustaining popularity.
The team over at Star Traders: Frontiers have discussed their thoughts on why adding mod support would be beneficial. Andrew Trese, Co-founder and Creative Director, conveyed this statement.
We reached a point in Star Traders’ development where we could zoom out and consider larger-scope changes to the game,
Players’ feedback and ideas have always been a deep pool for us to draw from, and the game’s momentum is still going so strong years after release. Adding mod support seems like a natural expansion.
In addition, the award-winning space sim contains many aspects that can and will be expanded upon with mod’s support. Such as;
- turn-based starship combat & Darkest-Dungeon-like crew combat with various ship components, crew jobs, and gear to choose from.
- dynamic NPC-assigned missions that test a Captain’s skills at diplomacy, exploration, espionage, commerce, and more
- open-ended trading or smuggling between planets and across quadrants
- a strategy layer requiring Captains to navigate the always-shifting political intrigues and conflicts of six main factions.
Whilst considering the vanilla gameplay aspects, here is what players could be in for within the scope of modding.
We’ve always loved the idea of adding mod support to our games,” said “Star Traders has the playerbase, the depth, and I think an agelessness that will really make it worth the investment. – Cory Trese, Co-Founder and Technical Director
- A basic save-game editor all players will be able to use to customize their personal playthroughs.
- Steam Workshop tools for uploading & downloading mods, and a separately installed moddable build of the game.
- Officially supported access & documentation to the game database for mod creation.
But with that being addressed, Star Traders: Frontiers mods have already been a thing. However, they were tough to implement due to no mod support in the beginning. Now that there is, creators can come together to make something even better out of Star Traders: Frontiers.
Likewise, early access to mod support is happening right now! In the form of a google doc, creators can sign up through email to have their chance to start modding early, found here.
Are you a creator seeking mod support? Comment your ideas and thoughts below!